S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Just bought a CR!

Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexxPredator
thanks guys, from what im used to this car is considered stock lol. just some wheels and a hood really. but my plan is to keep her this way as long as possible. I think it has the perfect amount of character to make it unique but not so much it makes it tacky.

Never in my life have I suffered this much attention because of my car. people always pointing and staring while im driving, people taking pictures and complimenting it at gas stations. Some old guy had no idea what it was, but said it was beautiful. is this just a day in the life of a CR? lol
Ignore, - Chuck. He always has an opinion to share and its usually negative.

Glad you are enjoying the car so far! It does garner a lot of attention and tends to stick out. When I don't drive mine for awhile I always am shocked by how much attention I receive. Usually thumbs up, waves, and cell phone pics.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

^^^^^^

I brought my ultra low mileage ABP Delete to the local dealer for it's inspection recently, all business stopped within/without the whole dealership. I had 20+ people taking pictures, asking questions about it, etc. Before I left I warned them I would be back with an even rarer CR........ one of 8 GPW deletes. They were waiting for me when I returned Just your typical day as a CR owner.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats!

As an advise, should keep stock CR hood and wheels separate. Over many years later having stock CR part will increase value. AP2V3 CR wheel is almost impossible to get these days.. retail is around $2500 /w TPMS & Wheel caps but w/o tires.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexxPredator
Never in my life have I suffered this much attention because of my car. people always pointing and staring while im driving, people taking pictures and complimenting it at gas stations. Some old guy had no idea what it was, but said it was beautiful. is this just a day in the life of a CR? lol
I noticed the same when I first purchased mine... it takes a little getting used to, but you'll probably grow to love the attention after a while. Most of the time I get either: A) someone who doesn't know what the car is and just wants to learn more, or... B) someone who does know what it is and they don't see them very often at all (or ever) and want to look at it. Scenario B is less common than A for me, it's still amazing to me how many people know so little about the CR, but then I suppose it was for a niche market so I suppose that makes sense. "How much did that paint job cost? Where did you get that spoiler? Which seats are those?" Me: it's all stock and how it came from Honda... then I listen to their surprise that Honda made a car like this

It's a special car for sure, hope you enjoy all the smiles ahead!
Old 06-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
^^^^^^

I brought my ultra low mileage ABP Delete to the local dealer for it's inspection recently, all business stopped within/without the whole dealership. I had 20+ people taking pictures, asking questions about it, etc. Before I left I warned them I would be back with an even rarer CR........ one of 8 GPW deletes. They were waiting for me when I returned Just your typical day as a CR owner.
It's a lot of fun going to the dealership and watching people drool over the car lol. It's also funny to me that even some of Honda's own sales guys don't know about the CR. Last time I was at the dealership, I parked and was walking over to parts to get some fluids and a sales guy met me at the door and said: "We'll take that in on trade." I just smiled and said "I bet you would!"
Old 06-29-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres some photos from today when I got home from work

Name:  0629161801a_1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  217.4 KB

Name:  0629161801.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  205.8 KB

Name:  0629161800.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  245.0 KB