S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Adding 3.5mm Aux input on stock head unit.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered this one originally:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009L4..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I installed it and it worked at first, but then it only worked maybe 50% of the time. Because of that, I ordered this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111245243140

Which is worked perfectly since I've installed it. So I returned the original one from Amazon. It looks like they are the same "brand" though, but the first one has both an aux cord and iPod cord, whereas the second one is only aux (which I prefer anyways). So long story short, the Amazon one didn't work well for me, the eBay one did. It is a SUPER easy installation, if anyone has any questions about it I'd be happy to help!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this device in my civic w/ap1 radio and i would say..on hot humid days the device would not work, but than on cold/normal room temps. it would work perfectly fine. maybe it just need a fan to cool it down. but like 01SSM says about 50/50 if it works or not..could also be manufacture defects..
Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM
pmo

Hey thinking of getting the same

Could you guys post some pics perhaps of where the cable comes out of (from the headunit) into the car?

The 3.5mm cable doesnt look that long

Old 07-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01SSM
I ordered this one originally:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009L4..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I installed it and it worked at first, but then it only worked maybe 50% of the time. Because of that, I ordered this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111245243140

Which is worked perfectly since I've installed it. So I returned the original one from Amazon. It looks like they are the same "brand" though, but the first one has both an aux cord and iPod cord, whereas the second one is only aux (which I prefer anyways). So long story short, the Amazon one didn't work well for me, the eBay one did. It is a SUPER easy installation, if anyone has any questions about it I'd be happy to help!

I'm guessing based on your username, you installed it on an AP1? I ask because I will be ordering the same thing.. but know that the AP1 and AP2 have different rear connectors.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Can any audiophiles comment on what has better sound quality, an aux cord input or iPhone cord or is it even noticeable
Old 04-24-2016, 12:44 PM

So I didn't want to make a new thread for this so I'll see if anyone here knows.. I ordered the same 3.5 aux adapter that everyone posts links to on here with the blue connector that supposedly goes to the back I didn't see anyone saying ap2 was different and wouldn't work so I ordered it and pulled my radio out today to install and the back of mine looks different from the various pictures I have seen on here.. Both this black and white have plugs in them so there's nowhere to plug in the new aux adapter I got any idea? I have a MY05

Name:  image_zpsybsgwxvy.jpeg
Views: 2260
Size:  128.0 KB
Old 04-24-2016, 03:54 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Headunits from all years have two ports in the back - one that connects to the car's harness for power, speakers, etc,
and one that connects to the optional accessory trunk-mounted CD changer and/or satellite radio tuner.
Early cars were not prewired for the changer - installing it required running the wire from the trunk.
Later cars are prewired, which is why your port has a plug in it - there's a (presumably empty) connector in the trunk.
That said, AP1 and AP2 headunits were made by different OEMs, and while they are plug & play compatible with
all car years, the changers and their associated plugs are different, so an aux adapter would need to match
the correct headunit.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by oth
Headunits from all years have two ports in the back - one that connects to the car's harness for power, speakers, etc,
and one that connects to the optional accessory trunk-mounted CD changer and/or satellite radio tuner.
Early cars were not prewired for the changer - installing it required running the wire from the trunk.
Later cars are prewired, which is why your port has a plug in it - there's a (presumably empty) connector in the trunk.
That said, AP1 and AP2 headunits were made by different OEMs, and while they are plug & play compatible with
all car years, the changers and their associated plugs are different, so an aux adapter would need to match
the correct headunit.

Thanks for the info.. I did not know mine just came pre-wired and now I now which connector I need to look for and return the one I have. I was confused when I saw mine already had 2 connectors plugged in when I was expecting an empty one lol
Old 04-24-2016, 04:39 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Here are the installation instructions for the CD changer, which should help you find and identify components.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:13 AM

Anyone have pictures of where they are pulling out/placing the AUX cable?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Adding 3.5mm Aux input on stock head unit.