S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Viper 350 HV alarm not working properly

Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have the issue with the door locks not working when it's cold out. After i drive the car and everything warms up it works fine. I have the responder 350.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ek9hatch00
I actually have the issue with the door locks not working when it's cold out. After i drive the car and everything warms up it works fine. I have the responder 350.
I know how you feel. I had that problem ever since I got the car but it was finally fixed thanks to the help of TPhong. Awesome guy and very knowledgeable. He helped me pin point where the problem was and suggested me what I need to do to fix the problem. My problem was that I was missing a door lock relay module. Went out to bestbuy to pickup a DEI 451m relay and installed it and never had that issue again. You should talk to TPhong I'm sure he will be happy to help you.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Thanks. Guess I'll give the relay a try.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM

I soldered the Viper Door lock wires directly on to the Keyless module PCB and never had a problem...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM

this is exact the same thing happend to my car today, could you please tell me where to locate the 451m relay, what does it looks like and how to fix it.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Princeneo
this is exact the same thing happend to my car today, could you please tell me where to locate the 451m relay, what does it looks like and how to fix it.
This is what a 451M relay looks like.

Depending on how the door locks were installedand if it has been 5 wired will determine the complexity of fixing the situation. Do you have a clear view of the alarm brain itself?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM

sorry for the late reply, yes i do heres the picture i finaly found them even the 451m relay , my question is how do i know if i have a bad relay and how many are they?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 07-05-2012, 08:54 AM

There is only 1-451M needed for each alarm system. Looking at the last pic, it seems like the installer 5-wired the door lock system. The easiest suggestion I have is to untape the 451M carefully and follow the wires. Double check to make sure all the wires are securely attached. From there, you can replace the 451M with the one you purchased by matching up the same colors as the old 451M.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TPhong
There is only 1-451M needed for each alarm system. Looking at the last pic, it seems like the installer 5-wired the door lock system. The easiest suggestion I have is to untape the 451M carefully and follow the wires. Double check to make sure all the wires are securely attached. From there, you can replace the 451M with the one you purchased by matching up the same colors as the old 451M.
i bought a new one from best buy and i spoke one of the technician he says i might need to reset or reprogram the brain is there anyone knows how to do this?

can you please tell me if i connect them right.

5wires relay 451m to key less module

white/black --> pink/black
brown/black --> yellow/green and pink/blue

green/black --> pink/black
blue --> yellow/green and pink blue

purple black --> 12volts red wire positive from the battery

the car would arm and dsarmed and i can hear the clicking from the door but it wont unlock or lock, then when i tried to lock the doors using my key and arm it, it chirps 4 times so im not sure what wrong with this alarm.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Princeneo
Personally, what I would do is re-pin the two empty slots in that plug ^^ (3rd and 4th from the left, bottom row) and use those as the lock and unlock wires. Pin them, and touch the wire to a ground - one will lock, and the other will unlock. If you decide to do it this way, your blue/black and green/black from the 451M will be your lock and unlock wires, the white/black and brown black won't be used, and your purple/black will be grounded. From there, just plug the white 3 pin harness back into the brain, the above plug back into the keyless module, and you should be good to go.

Quick Reply: Viper 350 HV alarm not working properly