S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Viper 350 HV alarm not working properly

Old 07-06-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TPhong
Originally Posted by Princeneo' timestamp='1341524425' post='21836743
Personally, what I would do is re-pin the two empty slots in that plug ^^ (3rd and 4th from the left, bottom row) and use those as the lock and unlock wires. Pin them, and touch the wire to a ground - one will lock, and the other will unlock. If you decide to do it this way, your blue/black and green/black from the 451M will be your lock and unlock wires, the white/black and brown black won't be used, and your purple/black will be grounded. From there, just plug the white 3 pin harness back into the brain, the above plug back into the keyless module, and you should be good to go.
ok let me do that just wanna make sure i understand what you said sorry this is my first time doing this type of work lol, so all i need from 451m relay are the BLUE,GREEN/BLACK and PURPLE/black,
blue/black and green black is for lock and unlock re-pin to empty spot test them touch the ground,do i need to press the remote to find out if its working or it will lock /unlock by it self once i touch the wire to the ground?
purple/ black , where do you grounded your wire so i could just do the same, as you can see from the picture its connected to the red wire and i believe its 12vs positive.,
- what should i do with the wires on key less control put everything back together?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes just pin the wire, plug the harness back into the keyless module, then touch it to any ground and it will either try to lock or unlock (with the driver door open, you may have to pull the handle slightly for it to lock). As for a ground, any bare metal will work. There are 2 bolts that hold the hood release down that are pretty easy to get to, and work well as a ground.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Yes just pin the wire, plug the harness back into the keyless module, then touch it to any ground and it will either try to lock or unlock (with the driver door open, you may have to pull the handle slightly for it to lock). As for a ground, any bare metal will work. There are 2 bolts that hold the hood release down that are pretty easy to get to, and work well as a ground.

i pin the two empty slot plug the harness back into module and touch the ground but it didnt loc /unlock, i connected the purple to ground where my yellow box is,nothing happend

Old 07-09-2012, 04:05 AM

I'm not sure if the ends you have on that wire will make contact with the pin in the keyless module. Typically, what I do, is take a decently heavy gauge wire, strip back about an inch worth of the insulation, fold it in half, and push it in the empty slot as far at it'll go. If done correctly, you should be able to flip it over and see the wires flushed on the plug side. See if that makes a difference.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm not sure if the ends you have on that wire will make contact with the pin in the keyless module. Typically, what I do, is take a decently heavy gauge wire, strip back about an inch worth of the insulation, fold it in half, and push it in the empty slot as far at it'll go. If done correctly, you should be able to flip it over and see the wires flushed on the plug side. See if that makes a difference.
finally i can hear the clicking coming from the key less module when i touch the ground, but i do not hear the actuator working not like when i had the 5wired set up it was clicking everytime i alrm and dsarm .
Old 01-27-2017, 08:14 PM

bumping an old thread.

i have the same alarm 350hv and same issue where alarm arms/unarms but does not lock/unlock door.

i am missing the 451m relay but i have a few questions for those who have solved this problem since it's a little hard to make out with the pictures all not showing anymore

1. when you test the empty slots to see which ones lock and unlock, do you insert either the blue or green wire from the 451m relay then try to touch ground with the purple wire? or is it just 1 long wire you can find lying around and insert one end into the slot and touch the other end with ground?

2. it was mentioned only 3 wires are needed from 451m relay, so you plug blue wire into 1 empty slot, green wire into the empty slot right next to it and purple wire to ground. does the relay need to some how connect with the viper alarm or any where else?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:34 AM

PM replied to 623baller