S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Wiring your S2000's new ICE setup

Old 12-09-2004, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moyopoyo,Dec 8 2004, 02:43 PM
here's my setup:

do you notice the difference when you change the battery? how much power do you have to be pushing to need to change the battery? and do you think that battery is the right one for my setup? what type of monster battery terminal things would you suggest for me? i've got the one that comes with the standard monster - 500 watt 4 guage amp kit.

and when you get a chance...if you could start all over (which is what i'm doing with my wiring), what all would you get from here: http://www.monstercable.com/caraudio...r_delivery.asp ?

do you HAVE to ground your headunit? what's the advantage of doing it, and what is the disadvantage of not doing it?

when i do this, i'm planning on tie-wrapping the speaker wire together. should i twist it up all the way through also? and if so, should i do the same with the RCA cables? and if so, is there any advantage/disadvantage of twisting them up together (both speaker wire and rca cable)?

what kind of speaker wire do you use? and is there a reason you use that brand?

-
ok, now this doesn't have anything to do with your thread, but does it make sense to have my 2 8's be for mid-bass, and my 1 10 be for low-bass? when i was at Hi-Fi Buys (Tweeter basically), i was explaining it to the salesperson helping me, and he said that it was possible. if so, how would i go about doing this?

also, what does a capacitor do?

sorry for being such a noob, i just want to be like you, hahaha
Ok here's my responses:

Q: Do you notice the difference when you change the battery?

A: Not really so much during everyday driving, but it's much stronger and will last longer at car shows and since its a dry cell battery you can run it dead, recharge it and its fine. Would I suggest one, Yes.

Q: How much power do you have to be pushing to need to change the battery? I think you mean how much dones the car put out to charge it??

A: The car should be outputting roughly 14volts give or take a little.

Q: Do you think that battery is the right one for my setup?

A: I think this type of battery is very good for your setup. Not good for those that race but very good for ICE setups.

Q: What type of monster battery terminal things would you suggest for me?

A: I love the ones I have. Very easy to install and very easy to work with. I have the:
Negative SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp SLMBC 3 NEG 102522 $29.95 ea.
Positive SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp SLMBC 3 POS 102521 $29.95 ea.

Q: If you could start all over, what would you get from here MonsterCable.com?

A: Actually I would stay pretty much the same. Except I may be changing over to DAXX rca's this year. I spoke to the rep a little while ago and I may change to the DAXX rca's. But I'll keep everyone posted on that front.

Qo you HAVE to ground your headunit? What's the advantage of doing it, and what is the disadvantage of not doing it?

A: Yes. Noise problems often come from bad grounds in the system, not always but a lot of the time. So yes ground that sucka.

As for speaker wire... well many people will tell you many different things, however, I use Pro-Audio 14 gauge 4 conductor. Now I like this cable for a few different reasons:
1. Its twisted. The 4 seperate conductors are twisted together, which also helps to prevent noise it an audio system.
2. Using a 4 conductor saves time and money. It save time because its easier to run one speaker line instead of two seperate ones. It saves money because its cheaper to buy a single 4 conductor rather than 2 seperate 2 conductor.
3. Its easier to keep the install clean because you have less of a wiring mess to deal with.

There is really no need to twist the speaker lines together as long as they are twisted in and of themselves.

***ok, now this doesn't have anything to do with your thread, but does it make sense to have my 2 8's be for mid-bass, and my 1 10 be for low-bass? when i was at Hi-Fi Buys (Tweeter basically), i was explaining it to the salesperson helping me, and he said that it was possible. if so, how would i go about doing this?***

As for this, I have no idea why you'd want to do this but you could techincally. But honestly any good set of seperates (6.5's anyway) should prove more than enough.

Q: What does a capacitor do?

A: A cap will store a small amount of power, and should the system draw to much juice at once it will help stop you lights from dimming ... there's a much better answer but I don't feel like typing it all out. You most likely don't need one.

I'll make you a list of what I would buy if I was you in a little while...

Old 12-09-2004, 02:54 PM

i should've just told you everything i was getting, and then have you make a list of stuff to buy. then, when it all came in, i could've flown you down for the weekend, and you could installed it all, and taught me what is right and wrong when it comes to audio.

thanks man. i've got a few more questions, but i'll edit this in a little bit with them.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:34 PM

Yeah just let me know... I'll try and help.

I'm getting your list together now..
Old 12-09-2004, 04:55 PM

so you told me like a year ago that you owed me a beer. but i appreciate your help, and i owe you like six of them, so we'll cancel that one out, and i owe you five now .

a little busy at work, be done in like five minutes, and hopefully i'll be able to finish my last post then.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:56 PM

cool!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Dec 9 2004, 06:27 PM
Q: Do you notice the difference when you change the battery?

A: Not really so much during everyday driving, but it's much stronger and will last longer at car shows and since its a dry cell battery you can run it dead, recharge it and its fine. Would I suggest one, Yes.

Q: Do you think that battery is the right one for my setup?

A: I think this type of battery is very good for your setup. Not good for those that race but very good for ICE setups.
so can i tune my audio with the car off with this battery? i'll try to find one tomorrow. if you know a place to get it for a good price, feel free to post it .

[QUOTE=darkknight1999,Dec 9 2004, 06:27 PM]
Q: What type of monster battery terminal things would you suggest for me?

A: I love the ones I have. Very easy to install and very easy to work with. I have the:
Negative SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp
Old 12-09-2004, 05:42 PM

What I would buy from MonsterCable.com...

Negative SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp SLMBC 3 NEG 102522 $29.95ea.
Positive SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp SLMBC 3 POS 102521 $29.95ea.

4 Gauge power wire S4B-125 101304 $2.50ft

M1001XLN
Old 12-11-2004, 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=darkknight1999,Dec 9 2004, 09:42 PM] What I would buy from MonsterCable.com...

Negative SlimLine Monster Battery Clamp
Old 12-11-2004, 12:52 PM

Did you forget to write something?
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 PM

let me finish damnit! hahaha

Quick Reply: Wiring your S2000's new ICE setup