S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AEM Infinity

Old 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a MotoIQ article (part one) on installing and tuning the Infinity on the S2000.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...nda-S2000.aspx
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Odd, that article claims how easy and stream lined a tuning session can go... my tuners assistant has been saying the opposite. As in it takes longer etc etc...
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you havent been to the aem training session it would pretty much be a nighmare to tune the infinity. once you know the software it's extremely quick to get it dialed in.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chitoki
Odd, that article claims how easy and stream lined a tuning session can go... my tuners assistant has been saying the opposite. As in it takes longer etc etc...
Since the Infinity is a VE model based system (vs. a lookup table based system), the initial setup can take a little longer. Once the initial setup is complete, tuning is an absolute breeze.

All plug and play applications come with a base tune which will vastly simplify the initial setup.

Wadzii nailed it on the head. If you've been to the AEM offered Infinity training session or have spent any time using the software, it quickly becomes second nature (just like any other tuning software out there).

Here are a few more articles covering the Infinity.
http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...-aem-infinity/
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/1..._infinity_ecu/
http://speed.academy/to-infinity-and...s-dyno-tested/
http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-...es-and-podiums
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Play-EMS.aspx

Here are a few videos relating to the Infinity.
Carey Bales' S2000
Nth Moto Record Setting Viper
Infinity Overview
Papadakis Racing Formula Drift Scion TC

Make no mistake, this is an upper echelon ECU
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM

I wonder if the nature of my setup complicated things. Its plug and play with the Kpro and needed a few more wire repins and the initial start up IIRC. So basically I can swap out kpro instantly for emissions then rum AEM for the rest of the year.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:53 PM

This is what the Infinity S2000 plug n play harness looks like.

Once plugged in, import the base calibration and this will run a stock S2000 nearly perfect. That's it. AEM spends a lot of time on the base maps and although not recommended, I wouldn't personally hesitate to drive a stock S2000 around on the AEM supplied base map.

Obviously the majority of people buying an infinity aren't going to have a stock engine. You'll need to wire in any auxiliary sensors/solenoids to the AUX 12 pin connector, change displacement (if need be), turn boost control on, change injector/sensor selections, etc.

In terms of getting an engine up and running, it's really simple.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:05 PM

Finally finished getting the Infinity tuned today and all I can say is WOW! I know its the E85 that has given me a ton of extra power. I was limited to around 325 rwhp with scorching intake temps and 10 psi and 91 pump. With e85 we got up to 388 rwhp on the final pull.

I was originally using KPRO but had just gotten sick of their lack of support and pompus attitude towards improving the system. I wanted many features that KPRO does not offer and infinity is a great system. I had a custom harness made by SoS so that its hot swappable with Kpro, emissions day will be a cake walk.

Wideband feed back, flex fuel, multiple data inputs for fail safe measures, HUGE datalogging room (64GB) data stick
Old 08-03-2014, 06:04 AM

A couple of questions...

With the on-board wideband in the Infinity, do I not need a wideband readout in the cabin? (I'm for less gauges)

Aside from the fuel pressure sensor and the flex fuel sensor, any other sensors I would need to use in conjunction w/ the Infinity?

I was leaning towards the SOS flex fuel sensor. However, people are saying there's a much cheaper alternative that is compatible w/ the Infinity. What flex fuel sensor is this?

Wadzii, just pm'd you about an Infinity & your modded harness.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:31 PM

People say there is a cheaper sensor, they are ONLY talking about the sensor alone. If you take the cheaper route then you have to fiddle around with figuring out mounting solutions, plumbing, and wiring etc.... The SoS kit has everything included and makes for a quick and clean install.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chitoki
People say there is a cheaper sensor, they are ONLY talking about the sensor alone. If you take the cheaper route then you have to fiddle around with figuring out mounting solutions, plumbing, and wiring etc.... The SoS kit has everything included and makes for a quick and clean install.
I see...SOS it is then.

Quick Reply: AEM Infinity