S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Can't find A30 pin for Kpro

Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

If your O2 sensors were disabled you wont have a functioning closed loop operation.
But go ahead and upload your tune and we can take a look if there's anything that looks weird.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres the tune that's on my ecu right now. keep in mind I have a hondata boost controller that's disabled, wideband isn't pined to ecu, 02 sensors disabled, no timing adjusted, ac was disabled, he basically just made the car run and that's it. afr creeps to 12.5 at wot on boost yeaaaaaa no thank you. the forum wont allow me to upload that file. whats your email?
Old 12-03-2016, 05:56 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The s2000 kpro has some unique parameters vs kpro on other cars. Are these the settings that You're referring to??

https://www.hondata.com/kpro-s2000
"KManager Configuration. The following parameters should be used in KManager:
  • Use only PRA ECU calibrations (PRA ECUs are the only ECUs which support a narrowband primary oxygen sensor).
  • Disable the immobilizer.
  • Disable VTC.
  • Disable the multiplexer.
  • Select 'Use alternate AC switch input'.
  • Select 'Use Secondary Oxygen Sensor for Primary'."
Old 12-03-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
The s2000 kpro has some unique parameters vs kpro on other cars. Are these the settings that You're referring to??

https://www.hondata.com/kpro-s2000
"KManager Configuration. The following parameters should be used in KManager:
  • Use only PRA ECU calibrations (PRA ECUs are the only ECUs which support a narrowband primary oxygen sensor).
  • Disable the immobilizer.
  • Disable VTC.
  • Disable the multiplexer.
  • Select 'Use alternate AC switch input'.
  • Select 'Use Secondary Oxygen Sensor for Primary'."
Those are some of the paremeters. But important ones controlling boost/fuel/timing were barely modified. The entire timing table is zeros. Boost controller was disabled ect. the forum wont allow the tune file type to be uploaded is there another way I can post it up or convert to an uploadable file.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:20 AM

Check your pm's.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:18 AM

I had a look now and I agree it seems the tuner didn't really know what he was doing, or maybe didn't care.
First of all, you are using a PRB type calibration. I'm not sure what cal was used to start off with but it's not a S2000 so many settings are wrong.
AC clutch switch like you said, lots of fuel compensation settings, ELD sensor and all O2 sensors disabled making it run in open loop all the time.
I suggest you start over with the included S2000 ap1 calibration and change whatever needs to be done like injector settings etc.
Fuel and ignition tables you can copy and paste the whole table, you can run two instances of kmanager which makes it pretty easy.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
I had a look now and I agree it seems the tuner didn't really know what he was doing, or maybe didn't care.
First of all, you are using a PRB type calibration. I'm not sure what cal was used to start off with but it's not a S2000 so many settings are wrong.
AC clutch switch like you said, lots of fuel compensation settings, ELD sensor and all O2 sensors disabled making it run in open loop all the time.
I suggest you start over with the included S2000 ap1 calibration and change whatever needs to be done like injector settings etc.
Fuel and ignition tables you can copy and paste the whole table, you can run two instances of kmanager which makes it pretty easy.
the ap1 s2000 calibration is in the software already correct I can just choose that when creating new tune and drag and drop. The tuner tuned a car befor mine for 6 hours and he was very frustrated and it was getting late so I'm guessing he just did a quick tune to make it run. Now I'm just worried about my WOT settings. They were just set to 12.5 at WOT which is fine for an NA car but for me I need to be in the 11.3-11.8 range to be safe.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:43 AM

What a waste next time gonna drive to PA and get Evans to tune it....
Old 12-03-2016, 01:58 PM

Make sure you get the wiring and your wideband sensor connected and working correctly first.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry to hear. It is very important to find a trust worthy tuner. Most take the short cuts and they are not interested in doing the extra stuff for free, even though it is incredibly easy to setup with Kpro. Well, its easy to seup, but you have to confirm it works. I have had very good luck with my Kpro setup.

Id like to see the build thread when it is done.

You can upload it to the post i think, or you could email it to someone if you wanted.

Quick Reply: Can't find A30 pin for Kpro