S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

eTune Review Done By Gernby

Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Greg also eTuned my car!

MY: 2008
Mods: Flashpro, 60mm test pipe, CT intake

Ive never data-logged or anything before, so i was hesitant to jump on the flashpro bandwagon, but i saw some of Gernbys threads and saw that he was doing pretty amazing things with his tunes so i couldnt resist

He made it super easy, i emailed him my datalogs he sent me new maps, simple as that, we went back n forth a couple times doing that and the end result was my car feeling like a whole new beast, the difference is night and day

Thanks again Greg
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me just say that Greg is the tuning guru.

I have a Gernpipe and worked with Greg to get it tuned.

I track and have done it with stock and Greg tune, and I dropped from 1:33 to 1:28 mostly because I can stay in the powerband (VTEC) around some of the corners I dropped out when I had a 6K engagement.

The daily driver aspect is so much better as it can be a dual personality and transition smoothly between both.

Greg, A simple thank you for the help and all you do for the rest of the S2K enthusiasts.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 07 tuned by Greg for one specific reason, I track my car and VTEC has a dip and engagement point near 6000rpm. I didn't like that, you may be in the middle of a bumpy corner and lose power, then to have it kick in and change your wheel torque (when you're already near the edge of the adhesion limit you want consistency).

Greg's tune smoothed out the powerband to the point I couldn't feel VTEC engage anymore, and it makes more power across the whole band, exactly what I was looking for! Really this is the way it should have come from the factory. Now when I run at Sebring I have a much better time, the car power is smooth and predictable, and it keeps up better with faster traffic.

I only have a 60mm test pipe as a power mod. If I ever make any changes I will specifically use Greg again for any tuning, he's very knowledgeable, easy to work with, and doesn't quit until you have the results you are looking for.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Gernby do you customize the throttle map at the same time you do the e tunes for the dbw cars?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ
Gernby do you customize the throttle map at the same time you do the e tunes for the dbw cars?
Sounnds like a good thought
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I'm glad the tunes worked out so well for you guys!

For those of you that received a tune more than 6 months ago, you might consider having me do a "touch-up" tune for you, since I've improved my strategy a bit. I wouldnt' charge anything for it.

@HvRRZ - I do replace the OEM throttle map with my own tweaked version. As pmptx said, it is optimized to smooth out the jerkyness at lower RPMs.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I was one of Greg's 'beta' customers...I have a unique configuration with homemade CAI and exhaust, Berk HFC. Greg knows exactly what he is doing now, and is very meticulous about it. The result was great, with smooth power delivery through the rpm band.

It is important to get a real pro to do this regardless if it is e-tune or dyno, engine damage can be done if its not right.

When my engine config changes, I will go right back to Greg.

John 2008 STR autocrosser
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, what awesome reviews! Great job Greg for being such a positive part of the S2000 community!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly suggest everyone with a flashpro ( not sure if he can tune others) to get a "Gern-Tune" . Difference is night and day. I was skeptical about getting an eTune at first, I thought brining it to a dyno would have benefitted me alot better but thats not the case at all. Besides him tuning my S, Greg OFFERED to do this...AT NO CHARGE! and for that man I thank you again. Very good guy here.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Wow, what awesome reviews! Great job Greg for being such a positive part of the S2000 community!

Quick Reply: eTune Review Done By Gernby