S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

greddy emanage ultimate AP1 tune

Old 10-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy emanage ultimate AP1 tune

So Im new to the S2k world. Ive been tuning DSM's and Evos the past 17 years or so. I just bought a used Greddy Emanage Ultimate. The loaded tune was for a basic car with I/H/HFC/Exhaust and supposedly made about 207hp on an AP1. I have the same exact mods, I/H/HFC/E.... I read Karcepts post where they said they never have removed any fuel from their maps on their base tune. This tune though has a lot of fuel taken out at 8500-9k also shown is the timing map... Does this look right? Yes I know I need to get it dynoed tune, blah blah blah, but anyone that has tuned the typical mods for the s2k can you comment? Thanks.

thanks,

Scott

Name:  fuel_zpsrvr6qhjx.png
Views: 2940
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  timing-gemu_zpsftgqazii.png
Views: 2223
Size:  89.2 KB
Old 10-08-2016, 04:17 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I think the early models 2000-2002 stock ecu had a very rich tune up top, so it might be correct.
On my 2003 with similar mods I had around half of that removed at 8500 and 9000rpm, everywhere else I added fuel.
I wouldn't run that tune without checking it first with a wideband.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:12 AM

Ya i have a 2002. Hmm guess I'll just 0 out everything for now?
Old 10-08-2016, 08:34 AM

Wait I thought it was only the 00-01 that have a rich tune up top?
Old 10-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Yes zeroing all the tables or disable them would probably be the safest approach until you get to a dyno or connect a wideband to tune it yourself.
It could very well be 00-01 that's rich I don't remember when the switch was.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Do you know of any shops like PTuning do E-tunes for the GEMU like karcepts does? I would think by this point oeole should have pretty good e tunes available for the basic bolt on power mods.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:31 PM

Flanders, I was reading an old post from 2015 where someone was asking about GEMU tunes and you offered to let them try out yours for the simple mods, think I could try out yours? If you still have that tune file?
Old 10-08-2016, 02:52 PM

Not sure who's into the e-tuning and does Greddy, but if you do find someone they wont be able to help unless you have a wideband installed and connected to the GEMU.
You said that you tuned Evos in the past?
If you are comfortable with the basics in tuning then I would suggest you start getting familiar with the Greddy software and do it yourself instead.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
Not sure who's into the e-tuning and does Greddy, but if you do find someone they wont be able to help unless you have a wideband installed and connected to the GEMU.
You said that you tuned Evos in the past?
If you are comfortable with the basics in tuning then I would suggest you start getting familiar with the Greddy software and do it yourself instead.

Yes, I still have an Evo that is road tuned on E85. The logging though is a bit more powerful than what I see with the GEMU. Yes I have learn the GEMU system. Does it datalog the stock knock sensor values? I see it has a knock sensor in the parameters, but not sure if that is for the external knock sensor or the knock values the actual ECU sees?

Do you have a suggestion on which Wideband works with the GEMU? Can it be either the AEM UEGO or any of the Innovative units?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2016, 09:20 AM

I think the boomslang harness could be had with 2 of these 3 sensors wired up: knock, intake and water temp.
You might want to check which ones you got.
It does log stock knock sensor but on mine it was very noisy so not very useful, there are some frequency settings that might clean it up but never tried that.

There are several people that reported problems with the AEM sensors due to them not being completely linear.
I used a Innovate sensor on mine and that worked good.

I used virtual dyno when I was tuning mine, just saved the log files as text and then it could be read.

Quick Reply: greddy emanage ultimate AP1 tune