S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review

Old 12-02-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 8b8bbbb
lol merrry Christmas. my car has already re-tuned by BlackTrax and yes it is my DD.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all this info, definitely considering this now for my turbo setup. Plan on having it tuned by Jeff Evans when it's done, so my only concern would be if he'd be comfortable tuning with this. I'm sure it would make no difference to him, but might still ask to be sure.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't wait

My new MS3 is being delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to start playing with it. Really excited.

My setup is a gt35 on a ramhorn manifold and water injection, DD, with just over 400 at the wheels.

What excites me most is the traction control and the ability to tune on the go with just your Android device!!!!

​​​​​​
Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also just ordered one. Pretty stoked.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

gaugeART CAN Gauge for MS3 has just been added to the supported ECU list. This gauge is configured with your smart phone (Android currently supported, Apple iOS to come) and displays live data from your ECU. We'd like someone to install one and provide a review - if you're interested, would you please drop us a line?
https://gaugeart.com/product/gaugeart-can-gauge/
Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
gaugeART CAN Gauge for MS3 has just been added to the supported ECU list. This gauge is configured with your smart phone (Android currently supported, Apple iOS to come) and displays live data from your ECU. We'd like someone to install one and provide a review - if you're interested, would you please drop us a line?
https://gaugeart.com/product/gaugeart-can-gauge/
I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive them. Pm me or shoot me an email. A.montes408@yahoo.com
Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Replied, thanks. Due to the volume of correspondence we receive - please use info@ScienceofSpeed.com so that we can provide a speedy response. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does this work? If my car is stock and install this right out of the box, would it be driveable? or would I have to tow it to a tuner?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You can drive it yes but not drive it pedal to the metal. First of all you need a wideband to connect to ecu second a good tuner. Mine is allmost finishing tune.

What I most hate about all this standalone is the way the care fires... if the car could start like with oem ecu. IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

It would be awesome to do a manual of how to set some parameters of the ecu. Mostly the fancy ones like the shift light... no lift shift... launch control...
I would leave main tunning for a good tuner.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpotenxixe
You can drive it yes but not drive it pedal to the metal. First of all you need a wideband to connect to ecu second a good tuner. Mine is allmost finishing tune.

What I most hate about all this standalone is the way the care fires... if the car could start like with oem ecu. IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

It would be awesome to do a manual of how to set some parameters of the ecu. Mostly the fancy ones like the shift light... no lift shift... launch control...
I would leave main tunning for a good tuner.
How does the car start? Does it hesitate?

Quick Reply: MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review