S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review

Old 03-17-2017, 05:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enhanced means that this unit has been enhanced with features that the official MS3 hardware/firmware doesn't provide, such as:

- OBD-II output
- VTEC control with multiple activation maps and automatic fuel map switching when VTEC activates, oil press switch usage to disable VTEC if the oil pressure isn't right.
- Multiple fan control outputs, with idle-up on each one.
- Better A/C control
- P/S idle-up
- Multiple wheel speed inputs
- CEL has been used to warn of overheating/knocking

Etc.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Like a jailbreak or do you charge extra for this?
Old 03-17-2017, 05:13 AM
Former Sponsor

This is done by adding a secondary processor inside the ECU, that adds all these features. The ECU runs stock firmware with the exception of adding the S2000 crank/cam decoders, which a normal MS3 can't decode. Obviously the price tag includes all this functionality.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still waiting on a tune but tuner studio does have an auto tune function for a price of course. I chose to purchase this function and was using it yesterday to work out the bugs before the tune. Let me tell you what a great piece of software this is. It basically shows you what it wants to change and does it for you if you so choose. I'm using this auto tune function just for partial throttle between idle and 3-3.2k. Keep an eye on my AFR or a great piece of mind. It is slowly but surely getting the partial throttle smoothed out. Also found out I had an air pocket in my cooling system which would have cost me money/time since I'm wasting the tuners time. I will post my dyno chart once I get it to the tuner.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Im pretty much ready to buy one of these and sell my AEM EMS V2, 3.5 bar map sensor and my racelogic traction control so that i can fit this one unit.

Whats the knock control feature like? anyone have experience compared to say the AEM EMS V2?

Oh and did you sync the timing with the Megasquirt or is it not essential? I know the AEM EMS V2 it says you dont have to worry about sync of timing.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:47 PM

Went to get to tuned today and ran into an issue with timing sync. Doing partial throttle around 3.8-4K and it would sputter. Feel like the issue is somehow mechanical. Maybe an old cam sensor or something. It ran fine in stock n/a form with stock ecu. Other then that my tuner was blowing right through partial throttle till we ran into that issue. Going to start taking it apart and figuring out what it could be.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Do you happen to have a log of the issue?
Old 04-16-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Reverant
Do you happen to have a log of the issue?
i do not. The tuner has them on his lap top. I will try to get them. He has gone through the data and sent me an updated tune to see if it solves the problem. Will keep you posted. Thanks rev
Old 04-18-2017, 06:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear..great ecu for sure..
Old 04-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

any news about the issue?

Mine drives perfect, I am now dealing to improve the Start and acceleration enrich as I can see on logs but not feel driving, litle lean spikes when I press softly the throttle.

Next upgrade will be to connect all other functions like switches for the traction control... valet mode... launch control... lots of fancy stuff.

I have just bought same ECU for another car as I am really happy on how this performs.

The best way to solve all issue or problema is to upload a log or directly send an email to Rev, but ensure to write clear and attach logs

Quick Reply: MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review