S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

MY00 aem infinity problem.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY00 aem infinity problem.

Ok where do I start.

Super excited to get my ecu in the post, ripped out my v2 ecu, and connected the basic 3 oem plugs I to the Infinity 6 and 00-05 pnp harness. Switched my lambda to a lsu4.2 sensor and installed the lambda adapter harness. Connected ecu to the laptop, registered and loaded firmware no problem. Loaded s2000 basemap. Sweet. Used the wizard to adjust all my settings (Id1000, 4bar map sensor, throttle cal etc etc) saved session and key off to go get a drink. Come back and turn key on.. No fuel pump prime. Hmmmm. Searched around the Internet and found out that aem have the wrong setting for fuel pump. They set it to require at least 0.01rpm for the fuel pump to prime... Wtf? Anyways changed that to 0 and fuel pump primed. Sweet. That issue sorted! So I press my starter button, engine cranks over for 3 seconds then clunk... Engine stops cranking. Try again, exactly the same. I thought Hmmm must be a battery problem. So I leave it charging over night.. Try again. Exactly the same issue! So I switch out my dry cell for a huge lead acid. Try again. Same issue... With a brand new battery!!! I tried a further 3 more times on the lead acid and the car starts!!!!! Hurray! Idles fine etc etc. All good. Car warms up to temp, I turn the car off with a smile on my face. After about 2 mins of the car being off my buddy comes in and wants to hear the car running... So I turn ignition on, press starter button... 3 seconds cranking... Clunk. No start. I press again... Same. I press a third time... Car starts up. Wtf!?

My v2 ecu fires up straight away on the first press which makes it strange.

I contacted aem forums and they say it's co​​​​​​ld start issue or my wiring. I'm using stock Honda loom with their pnp harness. But since my car was upto temp, and didn't start again is there a problem here?

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a setting I should have set somewhere that deals with cranking and startup?

Does anyone have any cold start settings that I could take a look at? Or any maps to tweak?

I'm over in the UK and the infinity ecu is a very rare thing over here. I don't know anyone using it.

​​​Many thanks from a confused Liam.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Load up the AllTabs layout and look on the Diagnostics tab. It shows if the Infinity is syncing the crank and cam timing, and gives you a "start probability."

Take a PC log and crank it and look at what's happening. If it's syncing and not starting I'd add some start fuel via the start tab and try again.

If you can't do the above, take it to whatever tuner you were going to use. Seriously, if you're completely new to ems tuning the infinity can be slightly confusing due to how much stuff it can control.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, for anyone who's interested or may have the same problem, I managed to sort it.

When it eventually ran, it was impossible to get the ignition sync'd properly using the ecu and timing gun. The light flashing at TDC mark on the pulley would jump from roughly 5 degrees after TDC so I changed the sync 1 degree either way and it would jump to 35/40 degrees out. Major head scratching!!! All sorted after starting from scratch, turned out that the intake cam was one tooth out! Diagnosing the problem ended up creating two broken starter motors though....

Ignition timing just wouldn't sync with the ECU and was firing the engine backwards! Luckily it broke those starters and didn't bend a rod!!!