S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

07 S2k SOS TS MAX build

Old 12-04-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-09-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:22 PM

Previous page - (Details changes from last dyno)
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 PM

Any thoughts on my boost plot?
kinda looking like a SC.

As stated my IWG is leaking at idle, it needs to get fixed to totally check off the block and also brain storming an E-boost solenoid is most preferred. But//
Theorizing that even kno it's leaking at some point I would think it would level and stick to the set point, and that it would only hurt response/spool. Looking back before open dump it was I feel more so, so am I missing something?

Do you think just fixing the leak will help or is it the MBC more to blame?

If I tighten the IWG rod to arm pressure on the spring. How much does it effect? +/- on the MBC? Will that ultimately change the lowest psi setting I can get even without the MBC //
Trying to gauge how much pressure I should put on it to effectively keep it closed, for troubleshooting purposes I'm only speculating that its not tight enough rn.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-08-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would take care of that leak. 5000 rpm seems like a very late spool for a twin-scroll turbo setup.

Do you have a 3" exhaust?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Well the plot keeps moving to the right because of different rpm starting points, and ramp times etc.
(I believe) you gotta follow the semi level green to the right, problem is it's steadily increasing like a SC. But your right even how it is, it's not right.

I discussed this with my tuner last night as well and he said it should kick up and settle to what we want.
I'm gonna increase the tension on the spring using the adjustable armature.

N yes running 70mm DP, 70mm TP, J's 70SS Single, straight back.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-09-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Memo6453
do you plan on running a larger exhaust? maybe sending out your ECU to Hondata to be able to control boost with the flash pro? glad you are happy with the power you got so far, but i was hoping you were trying to max the kit out. Would like to see what it can do. There is only 2-3 other builds using this kit. One of which had an awkward dyno graph, one of which ran a hybrid turbo, and one of which i can't seem to find dyno graph on that claims 400+whp on the gt3582 on pump gas. Would love to be able to hit over 400whp on this kit on 93 with the gt3582. Just can't find anyone to do it as of yet on pump.
There ya go boss
My tuner wants me to fix the WG leak and said after that will be awesome. Just gotta iron that out.
it was roughly 80* outside n raining the dynapack read 90* in the engine bay and 92% humidity @ + - 200 sea level deftly + just saying, pretty much sea level

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-10-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:11 AM

Pretty much final output for boost level on pump gas 92. This is with fuel return and waste gate leak fixed. VTEC 3800, psi 10.5-11. the two dips at the top end out are smoother then all the others but he said he didn't wanna chase afrs. Might be a lil rich in those spots (suspecting). All in all, We broke 400 I have a large portion of trq pretty much in any area of the power band.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If the waste gate needs to be dumped to atmosphere then why hasn't SOS fixed this? Is it because they just using an IWG turbo just to save space and this is a symptom of that? Are there any other more "clean" options for this solution?
Old 01-23-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Janus00
If the waste gate needs to be dumped to atmosphere then why hasn't SOS fixed this? Is it because they just using an IWG turbo just to save space and this is a symptom of that? Are there any other more "clean" options for this solution?
,,,, its pretty darn clean. Not sure what you mean by that. dump goes out same way it always did just does not connect back up with DP. The IWG probably was not totally "planned" but with packaging and AR size this turbine housing fills the bill pretty well.

All I did was maximize the efficiency of my Exhaust overlap; letting the engine breath a little more on top. During my research I even found Companies that take this EXACT turbine housing and will port n polish it, I guess (GIve it some more headroom) if you will.
The way the kit comes I'm sure fits there bill The way it is. Competition, Race trim, TRack/autox.

IF I wanted to mess with a good thing even more already which Im not it would be those port n polishing Co.'s opening the turbine outlet, and making things flow a lil more. but I'm done on the area for right now. It rreally does drive beatifully now. My car does not rattle to death! Super tame exh. note n tone.

fyi I just woke up from a 24 hr shift n Im thinking about food. Ill edit lata Lol
Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Janus00

If your referring to how well it bolts up; Im with you. Part of the reason it is so enticing is how well it installs. My motor mounts are still good with atleast 4k on'em now with the kit. It drives just like OEM but with 420&+-300 wtq!!!
As long as the waste gate is correctly tensioned it is merely a town car with a sporty comfortable tone. Even when it was re-circ'd it was above legal loud once you get on it, so dumping to atmosphere or not was just a win win.
I cant speak on behalf of SOS, but if you look through my previous dyno's I couldnt exactly confirm I made the extra power from dumping because I had a generic hodge podge MBC not holding steady, but with the turbosmart MBC holding more steady psi and the open dump I picked up like 60whp
---> trq carrying farther was probably more of a product of constant steady boost from the TS MBC. and or it just all complimented itself.

Im not gonna say this is exactly why because this n that, I'm just happy I have it worked out and running in a comfortably fast beginning
The nature and design of the kit was never to be a straight line, top end creature; so I can only conciously put so much effort into trying to maximize efficiency in those area's until it just isnt worth every lil bit to me. The open dump cost me $60 If I did not live in HI I would of done it myself.

If you were able to cut the flange on the manifold, rotate it correctly, re-weld it, I am almost 100% certain you could run ATPs evo 8/9 open scroll turbine housing for gt30/35s pretty much making it a ptuning kit "shouldershrug" but every "Good Idea' fairy doesnt have his ducks in a row until its been done Lol! I would have to be seriously bored!

Theres nothing inherently wrong with IWG, as long as it can bypass the gasses for your level of psi. I have read this "evo housing" even dissapoints them. I was just merely trying to scavenge every inch of flow out the DP.

Quick Reply: 07 S2k SOS TS MAX build