S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Best BOV/BPV replacement for CT-E SC

Old 02-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading the q is 50mm but has a bottle neck down to like 30mm. I thought tial had pictures with the measurements but I guess they took it down. I wish I could find the measurements cus looking at just the pics I don't see a bottle neck
Old 02-12-2017, 02:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Tial Q is basically the gold standard for venting off high boost builds on these cars and is known to flow better than most (if not at all) other BOVs that are readily available for use on the aftercooler
Old 02-16-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed plm fmic with hks ssqv4 and I have mishimotor rad with slim shoroud and alim
fan set up. Figment is tight near right fan where coupler rests against it. And I had to remove driver fan completely. Just heads up incase anyone wanted to know
Old 02-16-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by nadeem
Just installed plm fmic with hks ssqv4 and I have mishimotor rad with slim shoroud and alim
fan set up. Figment is tight near right fan where coupler rests against it. And I had to remove driver fan completely. Just heads up incase anyone wanted to know
is this on a CT kit?
How do u like the air to air vs air to water? Post some pics. It's easy now with the new s2ki...
Old 02-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
Tial Q is basically the gold standard for venting off high boost builds on these cars and is known to flow better than most (if not at all) other BOVs that are readily available for use on the aftercooler
This!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:15 PM

Sorry haven't logged back on just saw your post about pics.

Heres the info:

2006 s2000 ctsc 1220sl with PLM intercooler and hks ssqv4 bov
i def like the look more and the cleaner look in the bay. The air to air seems to be smoother. Less feedback if that makes sense. There was a lot going on with the aftercooler and aftercooler radiator and pump etc.

fitment took time to finesse. PLM gives you no instructions and there's one outdated post I used as a reference. Had to buy t bolt clamps for the kit. ($60) hks bov ssqv was $250 new. I have mishimoto rad and shroud with slim fans. Removed driver fan to clear piping. Doesn't affect engine temps and fan still operates normal and turns on for ac still too. Passenger side fan rests against coupler so I wrapped it in metal tape to avoid tearing. Lower passenger pipe where it connects to the intercooler rests close to fsb (eibach) and the headlight bracket. So I wrapped it in hear wrap and used metal wires to pull it away from sway bar. The charge pipe has 2 outlets exposed and your local autozone won't carry caps or plugs for it. So I made one out of vaccume lines. Shoved one inside another and then a cap and plugged it. The Intake elbow now also has outlet uncapped from where the stock Bosch valance went. I just use the Bosch itself as a plug since the balance will stay closed. Also lost 3lbs boost pressure after install but no power loss. Lmk of any other questions.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by nadeem
Sorry haven't logged back on just saw your post about pics.

Heres the info:

2006 s2000 ctsc 1220sl with PLM intercooler and hks ssqv4 bov
i def like the look more and the cleaner look in the bay. The air to air seems to be smoother. Less feedback if that makes sense. There was a lot going on with the aftercooler and aftercooler radiator and pump etc.

fitment took time to finesse. PLM gives you no instructions and there's one outdated post I used as a reference. Had to buy t bolt clamps for the kit. ($60) hks bov ssqv was $250 new. I have mishimoto rad and shroud with slim fans. Removed driver fan to clear piping. Doesn't affect engine temps and fan still operates normal and turns on for ac still too. Passenger side fan rests against coupler so I wrapped it in metal tape to avoid tearing. Lower passenger pipe where it connects to the intercooler rests close to fsb (eibach) and the headlight bracket. So I wrapped it in hear wrap and used metal wires to pull it away from sway bar. The charge pipe has 2 outlets exposed and your local autozone won't carry caps or plugs for it. So I made one out of vaccume lines. Shoved one inside another and then a cap and plugged it. The Intake elbow now also has outlet uncapped from where the stock Bosch valance went. I just use the Bosch itself as a plug since the balance will stay closed. Also lost 3lbs boost pressure after install but no power loss. Lmk of any other questions.
3psi is a lot of pressure to lose.... how did you not lose any power....
Old 02-25-2017, 12:26 AM

I thought that too. Installing intercooler over aftercooler is known to lose boost. I was thinking 1-2 lbs. then again it's a large intercooler and piping. I'll check again for leaks. Butt Dyno says it's good. Lined up next to a buddy's car and it was same results also. I'll get it on a Dyno when I have time and see numbers. I was at 366whp before the intercooler
Old 02-27-2017, 07:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by volcomboy390
I remember reading the q is 50mm but has a bottle neck down to like 30mm. I thought tial had pictures with the measurements but I guess they took it down. I wish I could find the measurements cus looking at just the pics I don't see a bottle neck
I don't know that the Q has a bottle neck... The 50mm cylinder opens directly up to the vent ports going all the way around the body.

Now the QR definitely does bottle neck down significantly smaller than the 50mm connection... It may even neck down to 1.0" at the outlet port. Then you can screw on whatever size adapter to the outlet port you want. And the QRJ is a smaller cylinder all together (1.5" versus 50mm).
Old 02-28-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
I don't know that the Q has a bottle neck... The 50mm cylinder opens directly up to the vent ports going all the way around the body.

Now the QR definitely does bottle neck down significantly smaller than the 50mm connection... It may even neck down to 1.0" at the outlet port. Then you can screw on whatever size adapter to the outlet port you want. And the QRJ is a smaller cylinder all together (1.5" versus 50mm).

like you you said the qr I think has the biggest bottle neck, the qrj is a true 1.5 all the way threw... not sure why tial took it down but they use to show the measurement of all the components!