S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost controller that holds MAP and has gear settings

Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost controller that holds MAP and has gear settings

I'm playing with "pwm" solenoid of EFR turbo and cant quite tame it. My cut-off MAP comes out like saw teeth and AF all over the place - ecu is clueless what s gonna happen next.
Spoiler

I wanted to design my own controller but i m running out of patience.
Is there any good boost controller for S to support gear-dependent boost and draw nice MAP @ peak boost?

Budget matters.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What does it do if u try to control it earlier, or at a lower psi?
baby steps lol.

i have seen this two separate times now on two different setups. E-boost Psi all over and AFs being erratic. Af's being eratic is a byproduct of the computer trying to target the different psi's.

Does it also feel like hitting a wall in power and it pushing through and boosting "all over the place" or "lurching" "lunging"

If I'm wrong someone else can chime in. But I theorize PWM control kinda like an Injector with a max duty cycle, and dead times If they are not setup correctly you'll never even get it to idle right.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 02-16-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
What does it do if u try to control it earlier, or at a lower psi?
baby steps lol.

i have seen this two separate times now on two different setups. E-boost Psi all over and AFs being erratic. It's a byproduct of the computer trying to target the different psi's.

Does it also feel like hitting a wall in power and it pushing through and boosting "all over the place" or "lurching" "lunging"

If I'm wrong someone else can chime in. But I theorize PWM control kinda like an Injector with a max duty cycle. If it's not setup correctly you'll never even get it to idle right.
Aren't we living in 21st century where computers are supposed to control things?
Sure I m using pressure sensor from $20 ebay gauge which is good to show 12 on display and update it once a second, I wish I had more precise pieces to work with.

I wonder if EFR has some particular controllers in mind they designed their solenoid for. Perhaps I'll end up using couple manual boost controllers in parallel preceded by solenoids and keep "disabling" low boost ones as gears go up.

Not quite sure what substance your response bears.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well your maps also jagged as fudge. see what I'm getting at? I try to nicely say either 1: try to control it earlier cause maybe you not know how to work it, or 2: get sum1 that knows what they doing. But then again with products from ebay you neva know what your getting so I wouldnt unload a shit show on sum1 elses lap trying to make fire out of water.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:18 AM

Yeah but first I need capable device. Eboost-2 any good? Can it wire to monitor speed (gear)? Didn't see it in their installation manual. Also It doesn't have remote pressure sensor (jeez), uses own solenoid and seems to require tons of adjustments to get nice curve otherwise it ll be no better than what I have now.
Anything better?