S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup

Old 01-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup

So I've decided I'm happy with the power output of the greddy turbo kit but I wanted to clean up a few things while using as much of the existing components as possible.

I picked up a universal v-mount intercooler that fits perfectly in the front of the s2k bay, and an all aluminum radiator for an older vw that had the right placement for the inlet/outlet fittings on ebay. There will be a coolant tank with a 10an hose from the bottom of the tank to a fitting on the top passenger side corner of the radiator, and a bleed line from a fitting in the higher portion of upper radiator hose to the top of the tank to prevent air pockets from developing.

I cut two of the charge piping segments from the greddy kit to make the charge piping fit, and cut the intake pipe so it can be rotated to place the filter in the front passenger side corner of the engine bay.

I also decided this would be a good time to delete the a/c and relocate the battery.

So far it's mostly mocking things up and figuring out how they'll fit, but the car is parked till spring so It's got some time to come together, and I'll be updating with progress throughout.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice little project, I will look forward to seeing your updates/pics.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I think you will need a good vented hood to get the most out of this or the hot air coming out of the intercooler won't have anywhere to go but get trapped under the hood.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This would be perfect:

Old 01-07-2017, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I think you will need a good vented hood to get the most out of this or the hot air coming out of the intercooler won't have anywhere to go but get trapped under the hood.
True, I was actually thinking of venting the stock hood and designing ducting to go from the intercooler to the front two vents, kind of like sector 1 did here:
https://sectoronedesign.wordpress.co...rflow-testing/
I figure between that and some good ducting in the front bumper I should be ok for airflow.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good looking project! I'm doing he same to mine over winter. I'm using a vertical flow intercooler like the sector one car. This is what I've done to my hood :http://vraptorspeedworks.com/honda-s2000-hood-louvers/
Old 01-07-2017, 05:59 AM

So the oil cooler and coolant tank are mounted where I want them to end up, and lines are in place. I'll have to cut my cooling plate for the coolant tank, but I like how clean the bay is with the it mounted up front.

Next steps include:

Painting charge piping and intake wrinkle black.
Solid mounts for the radiator.
Finish rerouting radiator hoses
Rotate heater valve assembly.
Hood vents
Ducting
Batterybox/tray and wiring

There are also another little project that is going to get thrown in in case anyone's interested, I need to redo my semi-janky custom gauge pod bezel (oil press+boost+afr readout+turbo timer)

More update's to come soon, hopefully I'll get some time to work on it over the weekend.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
Good looking project! I'm doing he same to mine over winter. I'm using a vertical flow intercooler like the sector one car. This is what I've done to my hood :Honda S2000 Hood Louvers
oooohhh! those are kinda cool, and I imagine they actually direct the airflow a bit more effectively too. I might have to look into that. Did you have to add ducting from the intercooler to the vents, or is it enough just having the airflow under the hood?

Last edited by zay27; 01-07-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zay27
oooohhh! those are kinda cool, and I imagine they actually direct the airflow a bit more effectively too. I might have to look into that. Did you have to add ducting from the intercooler to the vents, or is it enough just having the airflow under the hood?
not sure as it's not done yet. Planning on ducting out the hood not sure I'll need it as my intercooler sits right beneath the first one on the passenger side. Right now my bigger concern is ducting from the front to make sure it gets enough air to begin with
Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by zay27
So I've decided I'm happy with the power output of the greddy turbo kit but I wanted to clean up a few things while using as much of the existing components as possible.

I picked up a universal v-mount intercooler that fits perfectly in the front of the s2k bay, and an all aluminum radiator for an older vw that had the right placement for the inlet/outlet fittings on ebay. There will be a coolant tank with a 10an hose from the bottom of the tank to a fitting on the top passenger side corner of the radiator, and a bleed line from a fitting in the higher portion of upper radiator hose to the top of the tank to prevent air pockets from developing.

I cut two of the charge piping segments from the greddy kit to make the charge piping fit, and cut the intake pipe so it can be rotated to place the filter in the front passenger side corner of the engine bay.

I also decided this would be a good time to delete the a/c and relocate the battery.

So far it's mostly mocking things up and figuring out how they'll fit, but the car is parked till spring so It's got some time to come together, and I'll be updating with progress throughout.
link to the intercooler u used? Link the the rad u used? How did u extend the coolent hoses. Any overheating issuers? Wat FI kit u on?

Quick Reply: greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup