S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Forced induction checklist

Old 01-02-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced induction checklist

Hey guys I need some help with gathering some parts and opinions from the exsperienced boosted members on here. I recently bought a kraftwerks supercharger kit and am piecing together everything I need for the install.

Heres a list of everything i have bought.
-full kraftwerks kits
-aem ems series 2
-ap2 retainers
-upgraded banjo bolts
-grams 1000cc injectors
I understand that I am going to need a wideband, fuel pump, 4 bar map sensor, clutch and a tune
What else do I need for the install? Any parts i should do for price of mind?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryans S2K
Hey guys I need some help with gathering some parts and opinions from the exsperienced boosted members on here. I recently bought a kraftwerks supercharger kit and am piecing together everything I need for the install.

-full kraftwerks kits
-aem ems series 2
-ap2 retainers
-upgraded banjo bolts
-grams 1000cc injectors
I understand that I am going to need a wideband, fuel pump, 4 bar map sensor, clutch and a tune
Thanks

sup Ryan. First of all u went with the best SC kit for the S2k IMO. Thumbs up for that. U got all the things down that u really need. I'm assuming ur an ap1. First thing u need is supertech titanium springs, seats and retainers. These are much better than ap2. And u have already got ur checklist pretty complete. If u r an ap1 u need too look into helping out ur ap1 diff.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
sup Ryan. First of all u went with the best SC kit for the S2k IMO. Thumbs up for that. U got all the things down that u really need. I'm assuming ur an ap1. First thing u need is supertech titanium springs, seats and retainers. These are much better than ap2. And u have already got ur checklist pretty complete. If u r an ap1 u need too look into helping out ur ap1 diff.
yeah I'm aware of the weakness in the diff. I'm hoping for the best and I don't blow mine. Are the springs actually nessicary? I've never heard of a case of an s2000 floating a valve, forced induction or not.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ryans S2K
yeah I'm aware of the weakness in the diff. I'm hoping for the best and I don't blow mine. Are the springs actually nessicary? I've never heard of a case of an s2000 floating a valve, forced induction or not.
ap2 retainers r good but not great. I have cracked my ap2 retainers eaisily in the past. U rather get a 500$ kit and keep ur valves from dropping/ retainers cracking rather than going with ap2 retainers and replace the motor. With SC it is extremely highly recommended for u to get a titanium spring and retainer. Lmk if u have other questions as my buddy has a KW SC S2k that is making 500whp on e85 stock motor.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Ryans S2K;24128076]Hey guys I need some help with gathering some parts and opinions from the exsperienced boosted members on here. I recently bought a kraftwerks supercharger kit and am piecing together everything I need for the install.

-full kraftwerks kits
-aem ems series 2
-ap2 retainers
-upgraded banjo bolts
-grams 1000cc injectors
Thanks[/QUOTE

also my buddy is using a stock ap2 diff and no problems with it. The car is 100% track
car only so it gets beat on a lot.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going to boost, simply said: you're going to put about 1 bar extra stress on the inlet valves. The inlet valve springs are going to have to work harder to close the valve.
Upgrading the inlet valve springs & retainers would be a smart thing to do.
Since you can't just buy 8 springs and retainers... and you're doing the work anyway, might aswell just to the exhaust valves too.

But that's just theory. There are enough boosted s2ki members who only updated the inlet valve spring retainers to ap2, and works fine.