S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel system for 1000 whp

Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Thanks for the advice Carey and everyone, really appreciate that. Is it possible to get a mechanical pump to work with all of the stock accessories or would I have to give up A/C to get it done? If it's possible, do you just run something like a 340 pump from the tank to the mechanical or would you need to run a 340 to a surge tank and then another larger pump to feed the mechanical? I'm just not sure on how that system should be setup. Please excuse my ignorance on it.
I'd have to look at the front of a motor with all the accessories on to see how to drive it. It's been a long time since I had accessories on my engine...haha.

You could keep all your current fuel system in place and do it all in the engine bay if you'd like.

You would take the feed from your in-tank pump and feed the surge tank (fitting at the top of surge tank). This is the line that used to feed your fuel rails. And the bottom of the surge tank you'll have a -10/-12 out feed the mechanical, out of that pump to the rail/s, out of the rail/s to the regulator, out of the regulator back to the surge tank (another fitting on the top of surge tank). Then a return (at the top of the surge tank) to return back to your stock tank. This way the mechanical pump has no way to suck the surge tank dry during a long WOT pull as it can more than outflow your in tank pump. You can use check valves and what not to keep pressure in the surge tank, but it'll work either way.

Hope that makes sense. It sounds more complicated than it really is.

The hardest part will be rigging up a way to drive the mechanical pump with all the accessories in place.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedf22c
I'd have to look at the front of a motor with all the accessories on to see how to drive it. It's been a long time since I had accessories on my engine...haha.

You could keep all your current fuel system in place and do it all in the engine bay if you'd like.

You would take the feed from your in-tank pump and feed the surge tank (fitting at the top of surge tank). This is the line that used to feed your fuel rails. And the bottom of the surge tank you'll have a -10/-12 out feed the mechanical, out of that pump to the rail/s, out of the rail/s to the regulator, out of the regulator back to the surge tank (another fitting on the top of surge tank). Then a return (at the top of the surge tank) to return back to your stock tank. This way the mechanical pump has no way to suck the surge tank dry during a long WOT pull as it can more than outflow your in tank pump. You can use check valves and what not to keep pressure in the surge tank, but it'll work either way.

Hope that makes sense. It sounds more complicated than it really is.

The hardest part will be rigging up a way to drive the mechanical pump with all the accessories in place.
Thanks again man. So, if I understand this correctly, the only electric pumps would be my dual 340's in the stock tank feeding the surge tank and no pumps in the surge tank then? Basically, the surge tank is just another tank for the mechanical pump to feed from and the dual 340's will feed the surge tank? For some reason I was thinking that the surge tank would need a pusher pump also. Is the return back to the stock tank from the surge tank only there for if the surge tank gets completely filled to the top and the fuel needs somewhere to go? This doesn't seem all that bad at all if I can find a way to get the mechanical pump to fit with all the engine accessories. A quick check in pricing a, what I think to be, good mechanical pump seems to be around $700. Is there a specific brand and what size I should be looking for that you would recommend? Any other switches, relief valves, controllers or anything I will need or is that it? How big should the surge tank be? 2-3 gallon?

BTW, I believe SOS has a pretty nice surge tank that goes in place of the EVAP canister if you think that's the size I'll need.

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by Spoolin; 03-27-2017 at 01:26 PM.