S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Full-Race EFR turbo S2000 tuned on AEM Infinity 6

Old 01-23-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Very interesting how you you find it compared to the series 2, I know it's a different way of tuning. I've heard its up there with mid range Motecs?.
A lot more control and options using the Infinity compared to the series 2. (MUCH MUCH better ems over all). Compared to Motec the Infinity quite similar in many ways but motec also gives you option to get into the "back end" a bit more. Comparing the M series and Infinity starts to become an apples to oranges type thing. When i'm working with a driver looking for a EMS more often then not the Motec is over kill for their needs and budget BUT there are some that don't mind spending the extra ~$1xxx for a few extra options/features their build may benefit from. (Always talk to you tuner about these types of things to ensure nothing is over looked.)
Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

infinity FTW I have nothing but positives to say about ours.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 AM

Couldn't agree more, great EMS at a very reasonable price
Old 02-05-2018, 02:16 AM

New article recently posted for another S2000 this time a high compression stroked F20 on AEM series 2 ems making the switch from pump gas to E85 https://brewedmotors.com/blog/s2000-...ning-explained
Old 04-14-2018, 03:12 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Two questions:

1) Why did you state: "7064 efr twin scroll internal wastegate (external gate is always recommended for F series engines)"? That is, why would an external wastegate be desirable for an F series engine? I noticed that the Full Race S2k EFR kit only specifies 1.05 A/R turbos, which are all EWG.

2) Did you configure the wastegate as one port or as a 2-port with a 3-port or 4-port solenoid? If so, how did you use the added functionality?

Given the limited underhood space in the S2k, I would have thought the internal wastegate and recirculating BOV of the EFR would have been advantageous.

Thanks,

David
Old 04-18-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

The turbo is indeed a internal wastegate set up. As I recall I believe full race stopped making this set up not sure exactly why. I picked this set up due to the simplicity of the install and have a lot more tq down low for more fun street driving. As far as the wastegate ports I am sure Eric can answer that question as I am no sure what he had did for the tune.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK
The turbo is indeed a internal wastegate set up. As I recall I believe full race stopped making this set up not sure exactly why. I picked this set up due to the simplicity of the install and have a lot more tq down low for more fun street driving. As far as the wastegate ports I am sure Eric can answer that question as I am no sure what he had did for the tune.
It can have both an IWG and a CRV which should eliminate a lot of extra plumbing. I can only think of one kit that included a downpipe that merged an EWG exhaust. BW showed an EFR with an integrated quick spool valve, but it apparently never made production. Turbosmart offers replacement one and two-port IWGs and a replacement BOV/CRV as bolt-in EFR replacements. Two pictures of an EFR with the Turbosmart pieces, the one on the right with a four-port wastegate setup. The turbo on the left has a 3-port boost control solenoid that ships standard with the EFR turbos. Don't know the maximum pressure but the documentation talks about up to 31psi with the BW high boost IWG actuator.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:37 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK

What preload did you set your IWG actuator to?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
What preload did you set your IWG actuator to?
Honestly I am not sure, I sent the car to TunerMT for the final tune and start up of the car. He would know best on how he set it up. Unfortunately my brain is not very mechanically inclined on the more technical stuff and its been a while since messing with the car so I just forgot. Sorry for not being as helpful. On a positive note I maybe moving to the Springs area this summer and would great to check out your car in person and get to know more enthusiasts.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I was just curious... On my EFR 6758 on my STi, I had to preload it to 8mm to get good spool and hold boost. I was going to start with the same on the 7064.

There was an STi guy I know on the boards that just moved out to the Springs as well. I am curious to see how my setup performs in comparison to yours given the same turbo.

When would you be moving out?

Quick Reply: Full-Race EFR turbo S2000 tuned on AEM Infinity 6