S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

JoeyBalls *Official GT35r Build*

Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

BACK ON TOPIC lol
Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Business in general first instincts is to cut pay when times are tough. But that doesn't save your business it just prolongs the inevitable failure. Its all about perfecting your process making your business more efficient intern making more money and everyones paid and happy. No matter what the economy is it won't effect your company. I need some new vids lol
Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls,Apr 29 2010, 04:46 AM
^ Nice man, yea I thought all was well in the world, I was a 24 yr old airline pilot.........life was good, now I am 29 still in the right seat of an RJ and about to get pushed for more paycuts, not to mention the fallout from a Continental & United merger. I have a lot of friends flying for Emirates, but I just can't live that far away to fly an airplane.............., but always nice to meet a fellow pilot
I started my career in graphics design, which seems to be the first part of a company that getst the axe. So I decided to make and change and went into the food and petrochemical business. I design and sell industrial refrgeration equipment and since there are more mouths to feed daily and refineries and chemical planst just keep growing I keep getting PO's. (Knock on Wood)

You need to do what I did and go back to school and get you engineering degree. I spent 10years in collecge and have about 270hours now with the student loans to prove it but I am much happier now.

Good Luck
Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

You dont want to be in engineering unless you like being laid off all the time. I was in it for 14 years. Engineering is an R&D business and when there isnt any funding for projects, the projects shut down and you're sent packing. Granted, this doesnt happen to everyone because they need a few around to keep business going but it happens to a lot of us. I was the top guy at my old job in medical engineering for the past 4.5 years and was laid off. So, it doesnt matter who you are and goes more at what you make.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yea, problem with the airlines is, there is NO lateral movement, you ALWAYS start at the bottom, I can't go back to 20k a year.........
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 29 2010, 08:41 AM
What do you do that is related to under-sea oil? Sounds like an interesting career field to work in.

Andre
Refurbish tools comming back from subsea production. In the past three 3 years my pay has went up atleast 10k a year. trend doesnt look to end for another 2 years . FMC Technologies is the company i work for now .

Sorry for thread jacking just wanna answer the question
Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 AM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

what type of gauges and what kind of gauge pods do you use?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 AM

Joey, couple questions, how is your traction once the turbo hits. Mine seems like it can get a bit squirrly when shifting into second?

How is your start up, do you turn the key let the pump prime and it fires right up or does it need to crank a bit? Does it settle right back to idle? And what is your car idle at?

Do you really run it out to redline or does it make sqeeze your butt cheeks together and you shift early?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revenge,Apr 30 2010, 04:35 AM
Joey, couple questions, how is your traction once the turbo hits. Mine seems like it can get a bit squirmy when shifting into second?

How is your start up, do you turn the key let the pump prime and it fires right up or does it need to crank a bit? Does it settle right back to idle? And what is your car idle at?

Do you really run it out to redline or does it make sqeeze your butt cheeks together and you shift early?
I have traction in 1st (tires may spin slightly), traction in second (slight tire spin if any when tires are warm) limited to 10psi in both gears ( feel we could have went with more HP in these gears and still had traction but I wanted to have as less stress as possible on 2nd gear....

3rd & 4th I have to be careful depending on when I mash the throttle the back end gets itchy, yesterday I did a pull from 55000 RPMS in 4th gear and the back end got a little twitchy, but did not spin the tires..................

The funny thing is the car is a complete 180 from Greddy, This car is not much fun until I hit 4th gear, it pulls like a mother-f----r from 4th on

Does need to crank a bit (I do let it prime), usually takes a little longer than stock to start but fires right up after a few seconds and idles perfectly, car idles around 1,100RPMS.

I do go to redline, but only on the straights, to be honest in every gear I am in when I go WOT it hits redline really quickly. Car launches forward........

I scared the shit out of myself the other night it was like 55 out and I hit it from a roll in 5th gear (F--- 5th gear) and the back end almost came out, that scared the bahjesus out of me but normally I have just enough traction for the car, which is perfect.

Also with the third gear the AEM is set up so the boost comes on progressively so I don't spin........

FWIWI Tired are Bridgestone RE-01R with about 50-60% tread life left in them

Riceball777 I have Autometer Cobalt AFR & Boost gauge and an AEM Flow Guage that does'nt work, have to send it back to AEM, does light up thought and look pretty
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 AM

The car probaby does not feel as fast as it could cause of the boost by gear and running 10psi. Once you get use to it have them turn it up to 15psi. Then your car will fell more like a greddy kit.

Quick Reply: JoeyBalls *Official GT35r Build*