S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Joeyballs Version 3.0

Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Joeyballs Version 3.0

So after bending a bunch of exhaust valves I took the car up to Evans and thought about getting rid of it but I quickly decided that would be silly and opted to go with an Inline pro Stage 2.5IX Head with the upgraded valve stems to prevent any more head issues . Here's a link of what they did.

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-279-in...der-heads.aspx

Here is my head back from the shop.

I figured why the car was down I might as well do something about the transmission. I picked up a used PPG Helical set and had NRG tech recut the 2nd gear dogs and ordered new 1&2 and 3&4 dog rings from PPG. Evans did all the gearbox work and I was able to put them in a low mileage AP2 case. The wait wasn't long on the parts from PPG as they had them in stock. Here are a few pics of my Ap2 tranny and the PPG stuff.

I also replaced my CC stage 4 clutch with the CC Twindisk

I decided to go with the Hasport Motor mounts,in hoping it helps limit movement of the manifold and hopefully no more cracks.

So to make a long story short, we put the car on the dyno and after a pull or two Jeff noticed the fuel pressure really dropping off up high and the car was leaning out. We swapped in a brand new Walbro 255, and problem fixed . A few more pulls and the car was dialed in pretty good, and these PPG GEARS ARE TALL!

Car made 650HP and 500 Ft/lbs of torque @ 28psi dropping to 24ish at redline (9,200).

So, I cant really report too much on how the car drives because I only drove it a few feet so the tow truck could get it on the lift. It was a long day and the car is filthy, lol I am going to give it a nice thorough wash and wax then take her out for the first time

Jeff took it out to make sure everything was dialed in and he was really pleased at how smooth and precise it shifted. I am slso set up to WOT shift. He set the car up so there is an ignition interrupt off the cruise control switch on the clutch.

The gearing is pretty tall. 1st is just over 50mph, 2nd goes to 80mph-ish. Cant wait to take this thing out to the track.

I am really hoping the PPG Box makes this car that much more fun to drive as well as really improve my ETs
Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks aweosme joey, you had nrg on long island do the work on the gears? arent you in jersey?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
looks aweosme joey, you had nrg on long island do the work on the gears? arent you in jersey?
Yeah, Tom was awesome. He really spent a lot of time on the phone with me just talking about DogBoxes etc. I shipped him the gear and he re-cut the dogs and sent it to Evans
Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good stuff Joey. Can't wait to hear your impressions of the dog gears on the street
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great news Joey. Gonna feel good to be back on the road after all that time off.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to see a huge gain in your times, good luck buddy!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats joey
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

cant wait to see your vids joey! Keep it safe man!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the benefit of having the dogs cut? Or was this the alternate route instead of buying new ones?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by redboost10
What's the benefit of having the dogs cut? Or was this the alternate route instead of buying new ones?
Just a bandaid really. PPG doesn't have them in stock. I plan on ordering one in the winter this way I have one just in case. The 2nd gear dogs were a little rounded and probably wouldn't have stayed in gear.......

Quick Reply: Joeyballs Version 3.0