S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

King Tut's PTUNING Turbo Kit Build

Old 06-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
Nope. I really wish it did. The tunning kit mounts the turbo super low which is why you must use there custom mount. This kit is perfect in every way with the exception of the motor mount. Even with the yellow insert which is the softest one the vibrations and the Loud cabin she to their mount really gets old and tireing for a daily driver. My brother has this kit so I work and drive his car a lot so this is where my opinion comes from.

Damn, I thought it might be a long shot. I agree the mount is the only real downside to the kit. I don't know why but my kit never vibrated excessively, and yet I know another car with the kit was a lot worse than mine.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the recirculating dump too. You are going to get good at mounting it. I can do it quickly now once I figured out the tricks.
Are you using rubber coolant lines ??
Old 06-07-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good so far Chris.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jimreaper
I have the recirculating dump too. You are going to get good at mounting it. I can do it quickly now once I figured out the tricks.
Are you using rubber coolant lines ??
Mine came with AN lines for the coolant lines and heat shielding to go over them. Then they switch to rubber hoses to connect to the OEM coolant locations. I will try to get good photos.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Day 2 Update:

For the first time I am confident that the TiAl housing is properly seated on the manifold. I had a buddy come over tonight to help hold the turbo while I made sure it was lined up and tightened the V band clamp. I didn't get time to try and get the downpipe and dumptube connected again, but with the turbo not installed properly I still managed to get everything lined up, so I am optimistic. I did finish up the cooling fan and wiring along with the intercooler brackets and mounting the oil scavenging pump. Day 2 photos:

PTUNING Brackets, SPAL Radiator Fan, and Wiring:

PTUNING Intercooler Brackets and Oil Scavenging Pump:

Old 06-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The standard rubber lines ptuning includes are junk. Just make sure you are running stainless feed return lines to the turbo.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good call Jim, forgot about replacing those lines. Definitely look into doing that. The provided coolant lines eventually leak. Has happened to numerous people running this kit on the forums.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:13 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Couple questions for you..

With the V band flanges I guess backing out of bolts isn't a concern at all? I get it's more difficult to line things up, but it's a shame more kits don't use v band flanges..

Also, you're a brave man! You're going to rock the OEM radiator? Good luck, hopefully it'll do the trick. Are you still running A/C in your car as well?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
Good call Jim, forgot about replacing those lines. Definitely look into doing that. The provided coolant lines eventually leak. Has happened to numerous people running this kit on the forums.
The oil return line is a nylon braided AN line, and the oil feed line and both coolant lines are the standard PTUNING SS braided Teflon with black PVC coating lines that should stand up to the heat plus the coolant lines came with heat protection for them. I wish I got good pictures of the turbo assembled before I put it in the car. I have no fear of these lines failing. These two pictures show the lines pretty well:

Old 06-08-2015, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Couple questions for you..

With the V band flanges I guess backing out of bolts isn't a concern at all? I get it's more difficult to line things up, but it's a shame more kits don't use v band flanges..

Also, you're a brave man! You're going to rock the OEM radiator? Good luck, hopefully it'll do the trick. Are you still running A/C in your car as well?
Honestly, I am a fan of the standard tried and true 4 bolt mounting flange for the manifold and turbo. I understand the benefits of V band connections, but in this application it is difficult because you are fighting gravity and the flange isn't parallel to the ground but at an angle plus the turbo is under the manifold and directly above the motor mount so you don't really have good access to it. I know they use the TiAl housing for better clearance, and I shouldn't have to worry about the V band clamp backing out once it is good and tight. I ordered Ian's dual pass radiator with a new fan shroud option for a single 14" SPAL fan (included with PTUNING kit) last week. I do plan to keep A/C in the car.

Quick Reply: King Tut's PTUNING Turbo Kit Build