S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

King Tut's PTUNING Turbo Kit Build

Old 06-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The oil lines are fine. You really should consider changing the coolant lines to stainless. Those lines don't hold up. I went through 4 of them before converting. Now zero issues. When they leak you have to disassemble everything. Just trying to save you frustration later.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Community Organizer

One more thing. You might want to upgrade the fan fuse holder to a better one. They include a 30 amp holder but that fan draws more and mine exploded. It's appended to others as well.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jimreaper
The oil lines are fine. You really should consider changing the coolant lines to stainless. Those lines don't hold up. I went through 4 of them before converting. Now zero issues. When they leak you have to disassemble everything. Just trying to save you frustration later.
Are you talking about this style line:

I don't have that style. I have tried to show you in the photos, but mine look just like the line in right side of this photo:

PTUNING says the line is SS braided Teflon with black PVC coating. There is no upgrading those lines. Then I slid the heat protection over them.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Community Organizer

It's the 2 matching rubber ones on each side. that run straight down.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/986...s-backing-out/

To this day I still have this problem even with the locking tabs. I recommend to check every six months by take out the turbo and re-tighten the inconel nuts.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 AM

I didn't get much time to work on the car on Day 3 after work, but I did finally come to a realization that the turbo was never going to mount properly with the way I had the coolant lines run. The turbo needed to be rotated more towards the motor mount, and that area was occupied by the coolant line. I had noticed this multiple times before and even pulled the turbo out of the car to readjust the angle of the inner coolant line once before. I finally yesterday pulled the turbo back out a second time and reversed both coolant lines so they go up instead of down, and for the first time I was able to rotate the turbo into the correct position and had everything connected with no binding. I will finish tightening down everything after work today and get some photos. Should be downhill from here.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rubber lines for coolant are the ones Jim is referring to. They leaked on his car 4 times. Here is what Jim, myself and others have used to replace them. Only thing I wish I had done different, was got ones that weren't purple. I have nothing else purple in my bay lol.

You're making good progress man. Excited to see your results. Mounting the turbo is for sure the hardest part. It will definitely be downhill from there on.

Name:  20140809_190200_zpsdliw7ct7.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  20140817_105842_zpso1bd6dmf.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  20140817_112901_zpshfkbfjjg.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  73.5 KB
Old 06-09-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Just a quick note about the water cooling, although it looks like you have the center section clocked correctly.. Garrett says about 20 degrees is ideal, with inlet port on the low side and exit on the higher end.

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...er_Cooling.pdf
Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
The rubber lines for coolant are the ones Jim is referring to. They leaked on his car 4 times. Here is what Jim, myself and others have used to replace them. Only thing I wish I had done different, was got ones that weren't purple. I have nothing else purple in my bay lol.

You're making good progress man. Excited to see your results. Mounting the turbo is for sure the hardest part. It will definitely be downhill from there on.
Yeah I know you guys had issues with them, but the point I was trying to get through to him was that my kit already came with stainless steel AN lines for the coolant lines. I screwed an AN fitting adapter into each side of the turbo and then the lines had a 90 on the end that attaches to the turbo. No banjo bolts or rubber lines to leak. I will get better pictures of them now that the lines are going up instead of down.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Just a quick note about the water cooling, although it looks like you have the center section clocked correctly.. Garrett says about 20 degrees is ideal, with inlet port on the low side and exit on the higher end.

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...er_Cooling.pdf
Hmm, that is kind of weird that they would want the coolant to fight gravity. I will have to fully read that white paper. The center section is definitely clocked and the oil feed is not perfectly level with the ground, so there is a clear low side and high side. I am not really sure which direction the coolant flows through the throttle body hose that gets removed to provide coolant to the turbo. I will try to find a diagram of coolant flow for the motor and make sure I hook them up in the best orientation.

Quick Reply: King Tut's PTUNING Turbo Kit Build