S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Mid range TQ with SC

Old 12-22-2016, 01:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I won't go as far as saying that my skill on track are perfect !! But I've been tracking that car in many different version of mods since 2002. What you say junky is 100% right.

But my driving club is a viper club that admit pretty much any car , gt3 , corvette lambo, Ferrari and a bunch of tuner freaks with killer machines !!! . I can definitely say that in corners and breaking we're in the game if not faster then most. But every exit I can see most high TQ cars gaining on me.

Another thing is I hate to stay in the 8k going trought apex so that sometimes kill me at the exit rpm wise. I have considered gearing but not shure if I would like it. One of my buddy has a 4.44 and he as to upshift/downshift a few times more then me at that track. And pretty close to the braking point. I guess nothings perfect

Here is a video a made 2 years ago doing some dataloging. Not the best I have but the only one I have available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/3vhge7sfS1M

Last edited by Sylvain2000; 12-22-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:12 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If u are standalone then why haven't u tuned vtec then.
like junky said. Tune your vtec so u can get some meat down lower and or do a pulley swap. U can only get so much out of just those stage 1's its made to be very reliable n safe. Not gonna be a neck breaker.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
I won't go as far as saying that my skill on track are perfect !! But I've been tracking that car in many different version of mods since 2002. What you say junky is 100% right.

But my driving club is a viper club that admit pretty much any car , gt3 , corvette lambo, Ferrari and a bunch of tuner freaks with killer machines !!! . I can definitely say that in corners and breaking we're in the game if not faster then most. But every exit I can see most high TQ cars gaining on me.

Another thing is I hate to stay in the 8k going trought apex so that sometimes kill me at the exit rpm wise. I have considered gearing but not shure if I would like it. One of my buddy has a 4.44 and he as to upshift/downshift a few times more then me at that track. And pretty close to the braking point. I guess nothings perfect

Here is a video a made 2 years ago doing some dataloging. Not the best I have but the only one I have available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/3vhge7sfS1M
Cool track and I don't see any problems with your ability to put Porsche's and vipers behind. Its a pretty fast track looks like, so I would not re gear the car, especially if your running a ap2 redline. Gears will just make more work for you and ultimately slow you down. Id say up the boost, or if you find yourself falling out of vtec on a few of the corners, lower it. I understand your past issue and correlating that with a low vtec, but I assure you there is no correlation. Run vtec as low as it yields power over the primary cam and make sure your Valvetrain is in good condition and valves adjusted properly and you should be fine for the life of the motor otherwise. Ive been running 3500-3600rpm vtec for as long as I can remember. Never ever had valvetrain failure of any kind.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
If u are standalone then why haven't u tuned vtec then.
like junky said. Tune your vtec so u can get some meat down lower and or do a pulley swap. U can only get so much out of just those stage 1's its made to be very reliable n safe. Not gonna be a neck breaker.
Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Cool track and I don't see any problems with your ability to put Porsche's and vipers behind. Its a pretty fast track looks like, so I would not re gear the car, especially if your running a ap2 redline. Gears will just make more work for you and ultimately slow you down. Id say up the boost, or if you find yourself falling out of vtec on a few of the corners, lower it. I understand your past issue and correlating that with a low vtec, but I assure you there is no correlation. Run vtec as low as it yields power over the primary cam and make sure your Valvetrain is in good condition and valves adjusted properly and you should be fine for the life of the motor otherwise. Ive been running 3500-3600rpm vtec for as long as I can remember. Never ever had valvetrain failure of any kind.
Haha !!

That track is awesome !!

If you pay attention you will see those drivers don't stay in the good lane. Especially that viper I almost hit coming out of the corner under the bridge.

It is a fast track. Exactly why I keep stock gearing. Although I have an ap1. I do have a f22 crank for rainy days , and a 04 tranny , putting the 04 tranny should help a little since gear 1-4 are shorter ??

Novi 1000 on a ap1 at 10psi is the max reccomanded rpm to avoid overs pining, that's why I chose that pulley. Maybe puting a 12psi one and keep the red line I bit lower might end up quicker.

Like a said vtec crossover won't help me with my problem at 5k.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

Haha !!

That track is awesome !!

If you pay attention you will see those drivers don't stay in the good lane. Especially that viper I almost hit coming out of the corner under the bridge.

It is a fast track. Exactly why I keep stock gearing. Although I have an ap1. I do have a f22 crank for rainy days , and a 04 tranny , putting the 04 tranny should help a little since gear 1-4 are shorter ??

Novi 1000 on a ap1 at 10psi is the max reccomanded rpm to avoid overs pining, that's why I chose that pulley. Maybe puting a 12psi one and keep the red line I bit lower might end up quicker.

Like a said vtec crossover won't help me with my problem at 5k.
Yeah the ap2 trans with its primary drive reduction will give you an effective rear end ratio of 4.22 I figured out on the gear calculator. Its not much but I noticed it.

You may want to check your sources on the NV1000/boost rpm limit. Your off quite a bit. A 3.2" pulley doesn't even max out that blower at ap1 rev limit and was a common go to pulley size for that set up, yielding about 12-14psi near 400whp. The Novi has a higher rpm ceiling then the newer NV 1200 at 55k rpm vs 52k rpm of the 1200. All blowers have an efficiency window which is separate from its rpm rating, which I'm wondering is what your basing your information on. The efficiency window on the NV1000 is based on roughly 6-9psi which means it essentially yields the coolest highest pressure at that speed. Spinning beyond that will continue to generate more boost and power, but blower efficiency starts to diminish and more hot air is ingested with lessor and lessor power yields. The NV1000 if I recall the math worked out to 8500rpm max impeller speed with a 3" pulley on the stock 5.45" crank pulley, which is what I ran for some time. The blower held up for a lot of miles at that speed, however they were street miles as I was not tracking my car with the set up at the time. Upgraded ceramic bearings were an option to get more reliable overspinning combating the added heat generated. At 9psi I assume your running a 3.8" pulley, or maybe a 3.4" if your running air to air/fmic. Either way, it would be totally reasonable to drop down to the 3.2".
Old 12-22-2016, 03:33 PM

Im currently on the 3.4 witch should generate 10psi , with my fmic I get 9.4 on the dyno at red line.

I know people are running smaller pulley , but my source is one I believe in , science of speed. Maybe there are conservative??
Mid range TQ with SC-photo522.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Mid range TQ with SC-photo58.jpg  

Last edited by Sylvain2000; 12-22-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im currently on the 3.4 witch should generate 10psi , with my fmic I get 9.4 on the dyno at red line.

I know people are running smaller pulley , but my source is one I believe in , science of speed. Maybe there are conservative??
Attachment 67405
Our size recommendation is based on the rotational limits of the supercharger. Spinning it faster may compromise the durability of the supercharger.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I got a question I will be using the Black Box to tune my car with a comptech supercharger on MY05.

Question is we will be lowering down vtec but will I be in vtec on the freeway cruising past my engagement point (lets say 4000rpm) or is it throttle dependant?
Old 12-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Community Organizer

55k Paxton stated rpm limit on Novi 1000 blower. 5.45" crank pulley x engine rpm x 3.54 step up ratio = 3.1.x blower pulley. Do the math. https://www.928motorsports.com/servi...tingpulley.php 3.2 pulley is still under the max limit at stock 8900 rpm.

SOS hasn't been very accurate with their pulley sizes and pressure seen for sea level either. They were closer a long time ago (only 1 off) and then updated their chart a couple years ago around the time the new gen 1220/1200 blowers were being incorporated in their kits and now aren't even close to being accurate anymore. They also do air way on the conservative side as far as making recommendations, such as what pressure F motor handles reliably and with what type fuel. But that's their position to do so as a company that develops safe products, and ours to actually find what the real thresholds are (and this community has, some time ago) Eventually companies figure it out IF it makes financial sense for them to do so. But there isn't always financial incentive to do it, just more risk assessed for them. But that will put them at a disadvantage when it comes to sharing of accurate information in some ways when chiming in on these boards. So there is a level of risk one has to take if they want to stay relevant in the tuner game in my opinion.

The 3.4" pulley makes 11psi with the NV1000 and ap1 rev, not 10psi as SOS states. That's been my experience. To further support that, no fmic is efficient enough to only lose .6psi which is consistent with an aftercooler. I'm impressed your seeing as much as 9.4psi actually. Must be a small fmic.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 12-23-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by S2KERRP2
Hey guys I got a question I will be using the Black Box to tune my car with a comptech supercharger on MY05.

Question is we will be lowering down vtec but will I be in vtec on the freeway cruising past my engagement point (lets say 4000rpm) or is it throttle dependant?
Don't know what "black box" you have, but generally (unless you have an old apexi vafc 1-2) vtec is tuned based on rpm and throttle % as well, so your not engaging it wile cruising bellow 6k rpm.

Quick Reply: Mid range TQ with SC