S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New Kraftwerks kit possibly fitting with SOS V-Mount?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Kraftwerks kit possibly fitting with SOS V-Mount?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the New Kraftwerks kit on Moddiction's Black Friday Sale. I had also been considering the SOS TS-Max kit because I'm in love with that v-mount intercooler setup. I ultimately decided S/C is the way I want to go. I couldn't help but notice that it looks like the Kraftwerks kit and SOS v-mount might actually fit really well together. Unlike the Novi kits, the c38-81/91 outlet is oriented in a way that would land perfectly for the v-mount intercooler inlet. I was using Habitforming's install gallery for reference. Can someone with more experience tell me if there is a glaring reason why this won't work? Or might be more challenging that it seems?

S2000 Kraftwerks Install by habitforming Photobucket

Name:  IMG_6680_1600_zpseyzyawdj.jpg
Views: 2925
Size:  120.4 KB

Old 11-18-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you plan on tracking the car?
Old 11-18-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Memo6453
Do you plan on tracking the car?
Some
Old 11-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

its possible but you will have to make a custom intercooler use hood pins and remove the upper radiator cross beam so the intercooler can be moved forward to allow room for an air filter or cold air intake this is what I found building my air to air for my novi 1200 I would have made this setup but I couldn't afford all the parts. I have a friend who tracks his car and is thinking about my idea if we build it ill post pics .
Old 11-18-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by s2k manic
its possible but you will have to make a custom intercooler use hood pins and remove the upper radiator cross beam so the intercooler can be moved forward to allow room for an air filter or cold air intake this is what I found building my air to air for my novi 1200 I would have made this setup but I couldn't afford all the parts. I have a friend who tracks his car and is thinking about my idea if we build it ill post pics .
Sorry, but that's definitely not right. The Novi kits aren't anywhere near the same dimensions. The SOS kit preserves the oem hood latch, and would not require a custom intercooler since int's a v-mount kit...
Old 11-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

on the Paxton the sos v mount fits but there's no room for an air filter so that's why I plan to move the intercooler forward if the kraftwerks is smaller and you can get your air filter on it go for it. I'm just telling you what I found trying to use there intercooler with a novi1200
Old 11-18-2016, 05:31 PM

seems like overkill to run a vmount on a s/c car that is gonna see only "some" track time... with the TS-Max kit that you were considering, that would have been a must...

correct me if im wrong, but an oil cooler and a beefier radiator should do the trick for a Kraftwerks kitted car that wont be tracking too often... PM Chefs2000 on here, he tracks his KW s/c s2k and has gone through the in's/out's of how to get the kit to work well on the track...
Old 11-18-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Memo6453
seems like overkill to run a vmount on a s/c car that is gonna see only "some" track time... with the TS-Max kit that you were considering, that would have been a must...

correct me if im wrong, but an oil cooler and a beefier radiator should do the trick for a Kraftwerks kitted car that wont be tracking too often... PM Chefs2000 on here, he tracks his KW s/c s2k and has gone through the in's/out's of how to get the kit to work well on the track...
I like the look and will be accumulating more and more track time over time. It may or may not be overkill, but I still want to know what's possible.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MemphiS2k
I like the look and will be accumulating more and more track time over time. It may or may not be overkill, but I still want to know what's possible.

fair enough. But to say you like the look? its not gonna be visible while driving, just saying... but more power to you if it all mounts up correctly... just not sure itll fit... good luck and let us know what you find out.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Go for it. It's your car.

I have the KW kit and I was leaning that way. If you call SOS they say it doesn't work with this kit. They also won't sell just the radiator and IC. So if you do know you are either going to pioneer it or use their kit and have some customization to do.

I just installed MrSideways dual pass and so far it's kept the temps in check. I only track the car so it sees it's fair share of temps. Recent track day was 80's outside and water temp stabilized at 205. not bad. Previous mishimoto radiator, couldn't get 3 laps before it was north of 225.

Quick Reply: New Kraftwerks kit possibly fitting with SOS V-Mount?