S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

THE OFFICIAL: WATER/METHANOL INJECTION Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p0staboy
I wanted to do direct port 100% meth this season but my tuner told me he highly does not recommend it as it's not safe and he's seen a lot of engine fires related to to using 100% meth
Only other option for more power is race gas but it's so damnn expensive
E85 cheap and easy to find or order

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Anyone know the part number to the AEM meth kit for our cars? also what is that fail safe gauge they sell?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Hi - Thought i'd bump this up as i'm about to meth things up.

Been speaking quite a bit to junky on his experiences and it's been helpful. Anyway, the AEM kit I have is the progressive kit and from what i've read and been told there is some lag associated with it also. Is there any way I can overcome or reduce these issues with my AEM 1052 ECU? I.E have the full 550cc flow from a set boost rather than progressively without having to modify the kit? Also how have people successfully reduced the spray delay using the AEM ecu - is that possible?

Thanks all.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran AEM w/m on my car with great results. 1 jet just before the throttle body. It killed the MAp sensor within 1000 miles. I would put the jet in the inlet manifold pointing back at the incoming air as the best solution. The bigger the jet the better (replacing more gas with Methanol allows bigger increase in ignition advance giving more power). Putting it before the supercharger/turbo theoretically makes the biggest impact but throwing Methanol through impeller and intercooler cores will eventually kill them, Methanol is very corrosive. The AEM controller increases voltage to the pump to increase flow and pressure, crude but effective. I love the simplicity of the AEM stuff, If you think it lags then switch it on earlier than you need it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Gkar6R5Pk
Old 08-15-2016, 02:23 PM

Thanks - is there any way to have full power to the pump straight away from say 10psi? I don't like the idea of the progressive flow, just seems like something else that could go wrong. Does the AEM controller have to control the flow or can my AEM ECU control it instead?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Just thought i would share my experiences with water injection on the S2000

I brought the AEM kit and used a snow performance solenoid to stop the vacuum pulling the spray through the nozzle when cruising.

I originally got the kit to only spray water as my car is supercharged with the HKS kit and i wanted the cooling and cleaning effect of the water. I spray my water about 12 inches from the throttle between the throttle plate and my turbosmart recirculating BOV/Bypass valve

In the 3 months i have run into various issues whilst spraying just water

- Two tps sensors have failed, they can be seen to get wet so i think having a throttle body with an O-ring fitted to it is almost essential. Symptoms are random idle missfires and the TPS fluctuating 0-10% at idle confusing the AEM into thinking it doesn't need to idle.
- When you close the throttle on boost the BOV vents and this causes some of the spray to go through the BOV and back to the Low pressure side of the inlet before the supercharger. Some of this water has got past the piston on the BOV and caused corrosion to the spring and caused the BOV to stick closed. Symptoms of this is the car trying to push on when you release the throttle and that you have to give the throttle a blip to force the BOV open and free it up.

Because of these two issues i have substantially reduced the amount of water sprayed so that it starts at 5 psi and ramps up all the way to 20psi. This means my kit will never spray at full duty as the HKS kit only makes 11 Psi.

Im not pretty sure that the best way to inject on the S2000 is using a throttle spacer so that you spray beyond the throttle body.It would hopefully stop the TPS issue and as the throttle will be closed it should stop water going back through the BOV.

I have now decided i will inject 50/50 meth in small amounts at the top end to just act as abit of cooling and knock suppression. I have no intentions of turning the timing up its just a case of giving the fuel abit of extra headroom and keep inlet charge temperatures down.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

looking to upgrade to multi port injection as I am using the 1000cc jet on my aem and the car really likes that level off cooling. who makes the best jet for multi port injection I am thinking about these while still using the aem system. also I would like to add a larger reservoir and was wondering if anyone has used a lift pump to keep the high pressure pump close to the injectors? I currently use the stock washer reservoir with the pump under it so it has a gravity feed and the injector line is short. this has kept the system responsive but now that I run the large jet or soon the multi port setup I would be refilling the 1 gallon res every fuel stop on hard backroad driving so I think the 2.5 gallon tank will fit where the tool tray is currently. I just worry that the distance might cause delay so if I had a lift pump I could keep the pressure pump primed . if anyone has ideas I would like to hear it . p.s. my aem has been good for the last 3years now.

Water Meth Methanol Alcohol Injection Direct Port Billet 4 GPH Nozzle Jet Kit
Old 01-04-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Anymore feedback on people using these kits and any problems you have experienced?
Old 03-26-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Done another TPS Sensor today. They only cost £5 but its annoying. I have switched the meth off until i can fit a throttle body spacer with injection port. I think the main issue is that having it pre throttle body you don't have enough vacuum when cruising around so all the water gets to hang around and get in components. If you have it post throttle then as soon as the throttle closes you will have a large amount of vacuum that will suck all the residual spray into the engine.

Symptom of tps failure is the car is a pain in slow traffic and jumps around abit. When data logging i can see the TPS goes from 2% to 10% but randomly spikes to 25% as it goes through the range.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I just posted up my CMGS meth controller for sale on FB s2k forums, if someone needs progressive flow

Quick Reply: THE OFFICIAL: WATER/METHANOL INJECTION Thread