S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Project Instant Torque...Dynos and info inside!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by bluemetals2k' timestamp='1468601075' post='24017301
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1468599101' post='24017271']
Ahh yeah! 200lb trq at less then 2500rpm is nuts. Its not totally apples to apples this being a 2.4, but a 380whp centrifugal F22 puts down roughly 235trq average, so 45lb difference is pretty substantial in blower type and .2 more stroke, but more then that is how broad across the rpm range that trq curve is, which is really the bigger impact.

A typical centrifugal sc with an f22 at 450whp puts down about 280trq.
I was just talking to a kid on a FB group after I posted up my build. He goes "is that it?" meaning hes someone lacking knowledge about dyno curves vs peak hp because hes running a KW kit and hit 430whp. Comparing our 2 dynos at the 5250 crossover I have him beat by 50whp and 55tq. Meaning I have a far more powerful midrange/fatter curve and he beats my whp ONLY the last 1k rpm because centrifugals have the peak power for all them "bragging rights yo"

Which do you think would be faster?
Typical lol

Well you would have the advantage 0-60mph if you could control wheel spin, and your car is going to require less effort to stay in the powerband, which is also an advantage in the long run for being consistent on a road course setting. Its a toss up on freeway pulls to a point, but eventually he will start to pull on you as you start running into aerodynamic forces and trq and weight play less a roll, but id say that wont come into play until you get over 100mph. All around stop light to stop light action and point and shoot out of the canyons, your car should dominate though, assuming both you guys know how to capitalize on the performance of your cars. Driver is always a curve ball.

An easy general way to examine the power curve comparisons between cars is to consider the environment ie road course or drag racing and the speeds/distance etc. And just focus on the rpm range forward that is being used during max acceleration between each gear. So for our car say 6k rpm and up for example, anything before that in a drag race is moot. Then start comparing the rough averages of trq and hp within that rpm range and the weight of the car (same in your case) and you can get a pretty good idea what your up against. Its going to come down to who has more power over time really.
[/quote]

These tires are surprising very grippy if Im in first at say 5-6k and go full throttle yeah they will spin. But if I roll into slightly in first they hook great.
0-100mph is what I "race" to anything faster to me is to fast for the streets/highway. I do primarily roll racing to save the rear and drivetrain on the s2k. Dont get me wrong I dont go around looking for races and all that ricer crap. If the opportunity presents itself Ill take it. I def dont do stupid crap near where anyone lives or on crowded highways. Primarily what I do is backroad mountain road twisties. So for that and autocross/tracking this setup is perfect.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1468602288' post='24017336
This is awesome no doubt, for reference may you provide a general cost list?
Theres several factors going into this that lowered the cost of this build a good amount and most of you wont experience this. Ill give a short list generalized list I dont want to get into to much detail with prices etc.

My BUDGET with everything listed above AND AND AND the cost of the car was $15k, that seems REALLY low right your thinking how the hell did he do that?!? I did go over budget at bit at right at $16k with tuning.

02 S2k rebuilt title 80k ( 92k now ) - $6,500
Sale of original F20c + $2,350
Sale of spare engine I parted out, various other extra parts I had laying around + $2,000

I got a good deal on the stroker used from an ILP employee with 5k miles on it. If I had built it brand new and I DO have all receipts it would be a $9k + bill with the ILP Stage 3 Cams that came with it that I didnt use so that lowered the cost another $1k. Also got a good deal the SC kit. Everything else was used I bought very little brand new but the meth kit, oem engine mounts, clutch, gauges, and random hardware.

Great build and fantastic bang for your buck.

My 06 cost more than your entire project, and I probably put another 20k into my car and the end result is you car is way better!

Congrats dude, great planning for a great build and most excellent economics!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

such a neat kit. love it man
Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice numbers. Gives me an idea if I ever decide to do some more engine work. I know the blower whine sounds better than sex.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Torque Monster Jr.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:27 PM

Someone pmed me asking about the reason I went with 9.5:1 Compression. I had planned on putting nitrous on top of this entire setup you see now. But I hardly drove my car for the past year as the oem clutch on the car started divorcing the flywheel and slipping. This whole project took me about 2.5 months off and on and I spent a portion of that thinking/looking at the car figuring out how I wanted to set everything up. I asked Jeff Evans about it while I was being tuned whether it hurt my numbers at all. He said maybe another 10-15whp if I was on stock compression 11:1. BUT I wouldnt have been near as safe with my tune and he knew as well I wanted to run nitrous down the road and said Im setup perfect for it right now with the 9.5:1. Ill add a 25-50 shot pre blower later down the road I want to enjoy the car this summer the way it is and let my pocket book recover as well.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Yeah, that's when you start breaking trans and rear ends . Nitrous on top of this would be fun, but that's a lot of added trq instantly. Might be kinder and more effective to set up to inject more in the upper rpm band and higher gears for those freeway pulls.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1468602288' post='24017336
This is awesome no doubt, for reference may you provide a general cost list?
Theres several factors going into this that lowered the cost of this build a good amount and most of you wont experience this. Ill give a short generalized list I dont want to get into to much detail with prices etc.

My BUDGET with everything listed above AND AND AND the cost of the car was $15k, that seems REALLY low right your thinking how the hell did he do that?!? I did go over budget at bit at right at $16k with tuning.

02 S2k rebuilt title 80k ( 92k now ) - $6,500
Sale of original F20c + $2,350
Sale of spare engine I parted out, various other extra parts I had laying around + $2,000

I got a good deal on the stroker used from an ILP employee with 5k miles on it. If I had built it brand new and I DO have all receipts it would be a $9k + bill with the ILP Stage 3 Cams that came with it that I didnt use so that lowered the cost another $1k. Also got a good deal the SC kit. Everything else was used I bought very little brand new but the meth kit, oem engine mounts, clutch, gauges, and random hardware.
Gotta love it, seems you were meant to build this thing. I can only wish my builds when this smooth! N2O on top is gonna be bananas
Old 07-15-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Overlay away!!!

Here's more info on my build and parts I used. I have a J's Racing 70RR coming in soon so I'll be slapping that on along with some injectors and e85 tune.

MP62

PAXTON NOVI1500 hub dyno

Current tune and dyno(+parts) put me at 354whp @7500 and 253wtq @7k(17.5) on a MUSTANG DYNO.(425whp/295wtq)Tuned on Canadian 94 pump gas.

Name:  2016-04-08%206-51%20PM1_zpsiwzzkb3c.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  37.5 KB
Old 07-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

^^^ must be a 2.4 stroker also?

Quick Reply: Project Instant Torque...Dynos and info inside!