S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Project Instant Torque...Dynos and info inside!

Old 10-03-2016, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted one of these blowers sooo bad when I first planned to go FI. This is a great build and the price is right!

I didn't know salvage title S2K's could be had for so little. Might have to find myself another one.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is amazing what he has accomplished with that tiny blower and a bad ass stroker motor. Now, I really want to see a mp112 or similar sized blower. possibly a tvs1320. you get the idea, something that can move a nice amount of air and deliver 450whp. that would be the jam.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Why not run the big meth injection stage starting at 4500rpm to get the bulk of your old tune/mid range back? Leave the small/first stage as is. So you only lose roughly 1500rpms down low of what you had, which is a fine trade off to get that power moved to up top where you gained currently. I dont see any reason why you had to sacrifice current performance from 3500-6500 rpm.
I could have done it that way as well. But using the big stage first goes back to the afr reading to rich under part throttle. Say if Im at 6k rpm part throttling a bit to get through a turn before going WOT again. The small stage will come on as of right now because the PW is higher in the upper rpms ( obviously ), and that wont cause a drop in power or hesitation like the bigger stage will if I use that first.

It all comes down to this, this Meth controller is a PITA disappointment, particularly for this type of FI. I friggin wish it could read throttle % so bad then you wouldnt have to worry about the part throttle meth inj cause it wont be at all. I want it setup so at 80% or more throttle the meth inj starts. Regardless if Im at 3krpm or 8krpm or anywhere between.

So stage 1 at 3k 80% + throttle and stage 2 at well say 5k. I cant set it up like that right now tho.

But really honestly when your actually racing around reving to redline then shifting the rpms dont drop below 6k. So technically I made gains where it "counts". But hey trust me Id like to have not lost that midrange as well, but for now I have to sacrifice it for driveability.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1475468650' post='24075443
Why not run the big meth injection stage starting at 4500rpm to get the bulk of your old tune/mid range back? Leave the small/first stage as is. So you only lose roughly 1500rpms down low of what you had, which is a fine trade off to get that power moved to up top where you gained currently. I dont see any reason why you had to sacrifice current performance from 3500-6500 rpm.
I could have done it that way as well. But using the big stage first goes back to the afr reading to rich under part throttle. Say if Im at 6k rpm part throttling a bit to get through a turn before going WOT again. The small stage will come on as of right now because the PW is higher in the upper rpms ( obviously ), and that wont cause a drop in power or hesitation like the bigger stage will if I use that first.

It all comes down to this, this Meth controller is a PITA disappointment, particularly for this type of FI. I friggin wish it could read throttle % so bad then you wouldnt have to worry about the part throttle meth inj cause it wont be at all. I want it setup so at 80% or more throttle the meth inj starts. Regardless if Im at 3krpm or 8krpm or anywhere between.

So stage 1 at 3k 80% + throttle and stage 2 at well say 5k. I cant set it up like that right now tho.

But really honestly when your actually racing around reving to redline then shifting the rpms dont drop below 6k. So technically I made gains where it "counts". But hey trust me Id like to have not lost that midrange as well, but for now I have to sacrifice it for driveability.
I understand your compromise, I had to work with it when I ran it on my 18psi centrifugal set up, but I figured you would favor better results. I had 180cc injectors in each intake runner(direct port) single stage come on at 6psi, which worked out to about 4400rpm at 35% throttle, which was also when vtec was set to engage and that's important getting these in sinc. Vtec at lowest came on at 3500rpm at 50% opening to WOT. I also ran 75/25 meth/water and did not suffer from bogging at part throttle 35% when injection first comes on. I did get a slightly richer afr for a brief duration, but nothing that effected performance. I just tuned around it and made it work pretty good. I figured you could do the same, but I understand your boost comes on sooner, but how much compared to my set up, I don't know. I assume pretty similar do to how much boost I was making. Yes injection at throttle position would be nice, but I think there are enough other measures to work around it without compromising so much of your WOT through your 2/3 your powerband. I could be wrong though, I'm not the tuner that has run through all the trials with your set up.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:31 PM

MY S2K VS AUDI S6

3rd-5th pull damn dual clutch transmissions haha he dug in a bit everytime I shifted. Were gonna rematch soon front a 1st roll
Old 10-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Community Organizer

MY S2K VS AUDI S6

3rd-5th pull damn dual clutch transmissions haha he dug in a bit everytime I shifted. Were gonna rematch soon front a 1st roll
No embarrassment there. But going to need another 50-60whp to return the favor on this guy im afraid.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Had to use my 50amp charger to jump start my s2k this morning. Jeff Evans said about the ems's being sensitive to voltage/amp output. Although the car was cranking over and over you could tell it wasnt 100% cause of the cold battery. Im gonna have to get a bigger battery I think or start trickle charging the battery a few times a week in the cold weather.

The excess draw from the gauges, fans, and water pump on the aftercooler/heat exchanger are probably putting to much of a strain on the battery in the cold weather. Normal oem size battery less then 1.5 yrs old right now.

Ill be parking it for the winter around December or before the first good snow fall. PA winters are to salty for the s2ks imo
Old 11-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rock a group 34/78 ootima yellow top mounted in the rear. However I still leave it on a optima battery tender whenever I park the car. Battery will go dead after a few weeks otherwise. This is my second one. First yellow top group 34/78 lasted 7 years.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 AM

Been awile gentlemen, quick update. Jon Bond Performance is currently rebuilding my blower and porting it even further ( to the absolute max ) as well as adding new ceramic coated rotors. Im told if I get a dyno data from before and after rebuild and porting with no other changes Jon Bond will provide me a refund on the port job ( $299 ). He has flow bench data but no real world back to back comparisons.

Also e85 pumps finally were installed in my home town so Im going to be going that route this summer as well. 425-450hp?!? Well see!

Last edited by bluemetals2k; 03-09-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Community Organizer

Been awile gentlemen, quick update. Jon Bond Performance is currently rebuilding my blower and porting it even further ( to the absolute max ) as well as adding new ceramic coated rotors. Im told if I get a dyno data from before and after rebuild and porting with no other changes Jon Bond will provide me a refund on the port job ( $299 ). He has flow bench data but no real world back to back comparisons.

Also e85 pumps finally were installed in my home town so Im going to be going that route this summer as well. 425-450hp?!? Well see!
Cool, look forward to seeing the dyno results. Sounds like a free mod!