S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Stage 1 RRFPR Tuning Help

Old 11-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmz
When you say under 5000-6000 rpm, do you mean starting from 1000 rpm - 5000-6000? I appreciate all the great info.
Yes, however in the real world, your never flooring it/wot at 1000rpm, im talking a reasonable/more likely 3000rpm+. If your afr is good at 3k it wont be that different under this so thats a good target to start from when tuning. Less then 3k is such a low operating rpm for this motor, the motor is not seeing any boost there yet either. There is limited load on the engine in first gear/under 3k vs higher gears operating range, id hope that you wouldn't be cruising around flooring it in 4th gear at 2000rpms, thats going to be potentially harder on the engine then most anything else.

No problem its what I do, happy to put my experience to some further use when opportunity comes up

Last edited by s2000Junky; 11-27-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is your VTEC engaging? I ask because when I originally installed my kit, my FVM was bad. I was super lean and VTEC was not engaging in the low 4k range as expected. It was still at the stock engagement point. Once I got a new FVM, it was a dramatic difference in performance and AFRs as well. I have a bored out throttle body, a test pipe, and even went to a 7 psi pulley for my '05 sometime last year as well as re-wiring the fuel pump. In other words, I have enough fuel while still running the RRFPR and FVM of the Stage 1 kit.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Community Organizer

^^What up Johnny!? Happy Holliday's man, hope all is well. Our local forum is dead so its nice to hear from a local friend in the non local forums lol

I still want to unplug my NEO and try out one of these FVM's for my current NA set up and see how it operates in various conditions. Not a real prevalent or convenient device to get a hold of though to try out.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
^^What up Johnny!? Happy Holliday's man, hope all is well. Our local forum is dead so its nice to hear from a local friend in the non local forums lol

I still want to unplug my NEO and try out one of these FVM's for my current NA set up and see how it operates in various conditions. Not a real prevalent or convenient device to get a hold of though to try out.
What's up man?! You can try my FVM anytime!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:25 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by JawKnee
What's up man?! You can try my FVM anytime!
"No, you can be mine!" - Top Gun.

I don't know why I thought of that when I read your response lol But thanks
Old 11-30-2016, 08:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JawKnee
When is your VTEC engaging? I ask because when I originally installed my kit, my FVM was bad. I was super lean and VTEC was not engaging in the low 4k range as expected. It was still at the stock engagement point. Once I got a new FVM, it was a dramatic difference in performance and AFRs as well. I have a bored out throttle body, a test pipe, and even went to a 7 psi pulley for my '05 sometime last year as well as re-wiring the fuel pump. In other words, I have enough fuel while still running the RRFPR and FVM of the Stage 1 kit.
I'm sure it's engaging but I'll double check next time I take it out. Man I'm already getting excited about upping the pulley now lol. Speaking of Fvm, do you have a recommendation for where the green harness should go? There's no way I can get the kick panel back on with that bundle of wire there...
Old 11-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Community Organizer

Its cramped for sure, ive broke off some tabs on my kick panel over the years pulling it on and off. I could never get the lower pin put back in by my foot, so you will give up a little foot rest room. Just have to fold an stuff it in there best you can.

If your comfortable with where your fuel tune is at and think you have enough headroom for more boost, make sure its no smaller then the stock 4.25" ap2 pulley. 4" will be too small. The trick may be finding one. best bet is a used one someone may have in a box when they upgraded to more boost. Not sure its a size that is stocked unless you buy a whole kit, at least back years ago when I was playing around. Could be different now. But just want to make sure you are shopping the right size pulley for your set up/rpm.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 11-30-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ugh, I hated trying to stuff that green harness around the ECU and get the kick panel back on. I too broke a tab or two and could never get the push-pin at your foot pushed back in good enough to hold the panel in place. It would always pop back out from the pressure of the crap jammed behind the panel.

I ended up fishing a zip tie through that push-pin's hole and securing it to the threaded hole tab behind it and fishing it back through to connect it. Basically zip-tying the end of the panel to the metal tab. Had to cut it and reconnect any time I needed to remove the kick panel which sucked, but it kept it secured and out of the way.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I also ended up rotating the ECU 90 degrees clockwise so the connectors were facing the back of the car. You can only secure the ECU with one bolt (I think) but it was secure enough and gave more smush room for the green harness.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took the car out again today after getting the wideband gauge and a boost gauge permanently installed. It was too rich where it was set. I was hitting 7k rpm :11.5 and redline: 11.2.. I backed out 1 turn and 3-4k rpm: 14 and 6k rpm: 13. After that i turned in 1/2 turn and now its hitting 3-4k rpm:13-13.2 and richens 6.5-7k rpm: 12.5 and 11.5 at redline. Seems like the 3-4k rpm is what is limiting me from making it any leaner. I may want to turn it in just a tad to take the 13.2 down to a solid 13. Boost gauge is showing 5 psi at redline.. I live in Colorado so maybe this has something to do with it. Looks like I need to take it out when its darker as it was kind of hard to read the A/F gauge when it was sunny through my gopro.

I am having trouble detecting when VTEC is engaging because it isn't as noticeable as before without supercharger installed. I feel a pretty good power increase at 5k rpm ish and hear the supercharger start to whine a bit. Do you guys notice VTEC to be less abrupt with supercharger installed?

On a side note, the resonated test pipe i installed got rid of almost all my drone. I've been trying to reduce drone by putting sound dampening into the interior with unsatisfactory results. Now it really toned down which is a huge plus!

Quick Reply: SOS Stage 1 RRFPR Tuning Help