S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build

Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 AM
pkh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build

UPDATE: No longer supercharged, details: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo.../#post24339047

My S2000 has gone through a few stages on the way to wear it is today. The biggest set of changes started last year with a TTS Rotrex SC install. The Rotrex setup was amazing and created so much boost we actually ended up adding blowoff valve setup to cap boost at 12 PSI.

Overall the kit was great on the road, but even when paired with a Mishimoto radiator and a vented hood, was still prone to overheating on long track sessions in the summer.

So this winter we decided to get a bit more aggressive with the cooling setup.

The TTS kit comes with a huge intercooler that blocks the entire bumper opening and even extends a few inches above it. I also tested with compressed air and got very little air behind it when blowing through the intercooler. Also because it was originally intended to work with A/C unit, it sits too far in front of radiator.

Old TTS Kit Intercooler

Working with AR Auto Service in Portland, they designed a new intercooler setup with these advantages:

- Pushed further back to optimize flow through to radiator
- Shorter to allow some air to flow over intercooler to radiator
- Despite being a half inch thicker, actually flowed better when tested

New intercooler
I also purchased a MrSideways radiator last year, which featured dual pass design and an integrated oil cooler

MrSideways dual pass radiator with oil cooler
The new AR designed pipes were much shorter and had more consistent diameter throughout.

Other toys added:

- New rotors (already had Rotora BBK)
- MCS 2 Way Adjustable Suspension
- Momo wheel
- Recaro Pole Position Seats + Schroth 6 Point Harnesses
- Hard Dog bar
- APR Splitter and GTC 300 Wing
- Ballade Sphericals
- Megan Engine Transmission Mounts
- Ceramic coated OEM headers
- OEM hardtop (still need to paint and swap out softop)

Finally Dyno Chart...

Red line is with the TTS kit last year, blue line is with new AR designed piping and intercooler. To be fair it was a cold day when we did this test, but we did everything we could to heat soak the car and got intake temps up to 90F. Throttle response on the new setup is much better because of the shorter pipework.

Thanks to AR Auto Service for all there help, can't wait to get this car back on the track!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice, I'm trying to decide what SC kit to buy for track work. Besides changing the intercooler and piping config, do you have any gripes with the TTS kit on the track? Belt life and tensioner been ok?
Old 02-04-2017, 02:11 PM
pkh

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Very nice, I'm trying to decide what SC kit to buy for track work. Besides changing the intercooler and piping config, do you have any gripes with the TTS kit on the track? Belt life and tensioner been ok?
Honestly if I could go back I'd probably look into a V mount style setup. Or if you plan on having a shop do the install, find an experienced shop and bounce some ideas around with them first.

SOS or a company with real race car experience maybe a better place to start.

That said I am really happy with where I have ended up with this setup, and look forward to giving it a go on the track (I just think I could have saved a lot of money if I did it right the first time!)
Old 02-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would you be able to share how you were able to control boost? I've seen setup using wastegate but not BOV before!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nb12
Would you be able to share how you were able to control boost? I've seen setup using wastegate but not BOV before!
Im in for this as well?
Old 02-05-2017, 08:42 AM
pkh

Originally Posted by nb12
I didn't configure it myself, but I believe its just a spring thats set for 12 PSI. The vaacum tube isn't connected to anything.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 AM
pkh

I forgot to mention I also went with a set of Forgestar F14 17x10 in matte black with RE-71R 255s.

We used a 6mm spacer up front, the fenders had already been rolled a bit. I am getting a bit of rubbing against the upper A-arm at full lock, but otherwise seem to be working in the road testing I have done.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
Honestly if I could go back I'd probably look into a V mount style setup.
I'm having Origin Fab build me a v-mount setup for my TTS/Rotrex SC. Here are some photos...

Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build-gwnnzii.jpg

Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build-3rmux8o.jpg

Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build-nffpgne.jpg
Old 02-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Solid build in here!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice build! Look forward to seeing your lap times.

Quick Reply: Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build