S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build

Old 02-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I look forward to seeing more of this build.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

What hood is that?
Old 02-13-2017, 09:35 PM
pkh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesD89
What hood is that?
Siebon VSII
Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are some very nice clean engine bays here, good read. Thanks for sharing.

I had the top mount TTS kit but moved onto the bottom mount 38-91 kit for my track car. I was meaning to do a Vmount but ran out of time, Good ducting and sealing the radiators seemed to have cured any heat issues i had previously.

I’m subscribed to this thread so keep the updates coming please!

You may enjoy this vid, excuse the dead pax

Old 02-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by razzele
There are some very nice clean engine bays here, good read. Thanks for sharing.

I had the top mount TTS kit but moved onto the bottom mount 38-91 kit for my track car. I was meaning to do a Vmount but ran out of time, Good ducting and sealing the radiators seemed to have cured any heat issues i had previously.

I’m subscribed to this thread so keep the updates coming please!

You may enjoy this vid, excuse the dead pax

https://youtu.be/7sjlWcScjUY?t=1m
Holy hell man! Are you in the right group because you are passin so many people haha.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:02 PM
pkh

I have had about 10 days on the new setup, happy to report my cooling issues are seemingly no more. The hottest day I have ran in probably hit 80 degrees, and I never saw coolant temps get above 185-190F.

My diff did give out on me though, so I am replacing with PuddyMod Stage 2 4.44 Quaife LSD

Valve cover mod for blow by (was filling up catch cans in 1 session at Ridge Motorsports Park)

Essex AP Racing Front Brake kit (Rotora was inconsistent and unreliable during hard track days)

APR Brake Ducts
Old 06-04-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice! What times are you running at the Ridge? If my Stoptech kit comes in time I'll be there on Friday
Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 PM
pkh

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Nice! What times are you running at the Ridge? If my Stoptech kit comes in time I'll be there on Friday
1:55 is my best time there so far, that was on some worn RE-71rs... and only been one day this year. I think the car is capable a few more seconds for sure, just need to get my skills up.

Looking forward to trying out the last few mods at the Ridge as the blow-by was really effecting me there. I went 9 track days without filling the catch can then did it in one session at the Ridge. I am Portland based so I hadn't planned on hitting the track nights as it doesn't get me enough sessions to warrant the trip. Hopefully get some days in there next month.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
1:55 is my best time there so far, that was on some worn RE-71rs... and only been one day this year. I think the car is capable a few more seconds for sure, just need to get my skills up.

Looking forward to trying out the last few mods at the Ridge as the blow-by was really effecting me there. I went 9 track days without filling the catch can then did it in one session at the Ridge. I am Portland based so I hadn't planned on hitting the track nights as it doesn't get me enough sessions to warrant the trip. Hopefully get some days in there next month.
Nice! 1:55 is my best as well! I'm trying to go friday but I don't think my stoptech kit will be here in time. I'm still on stock size brakes previously and really out driving them at this point. Let me know when you're heading up here, would love to drive with you sometime. I haven't been in a FI S2000 on the track, I'm still NA but will be adding a PTuning kit with a GTX3076R once the group buy ships out.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

3.44....hmmm I been thinking a lot about FD's lately on my half cross country trek. Specially west coast and mid states speed limits. I'm just stuck right at the vtec crossover at 86mph and I can't hit cruise cuz it kinda lurches around, going on n off.
It's my understanding that if I go lower from stock ap2 iirc is a 4.77 that it will put me lower in the rpms in this situation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

More wondering how you came to your FD # conclusion. And what power ur at now and other determining factors.
I was told to go with Mazdas speed 3 3.90 FD but even stock they no where near 300whp so maybe should go something lower around domestics FDs.
Thoughts?

Love the pics, nice setup. Super clean!
Been looking at those ducts for a while I want lol

Quick Reply: Track Rotrex SC S2000 Build