S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

a couple turbo questions

Old 11-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple turbo questions

So I’ve decided to go F.I in my S2K. But the question is…. SC or Turbo? I know this is beating a dead horse. I’m not asking what’s better and what people prefer. I know with the SC you are pretty much limited to the amount of HP you can add , but with a turbo the possibilities are endless. I have done a lot of research on both options but I still have a few more questions maybe someone can help me out with.
1. If I throw a turbo kit on my car, I noticed the exhaust manifold is really close to the batter and fuse box. Will I have to relocate the battery and fuse box? Just the battery? Or will they be fine where they are at now?
2. And last, would it be cheaper to piece together a turbo kit my self, or buy a complete one?
My goals are pretty simple 350-400whp, the car is not a daily driver and I don’t want to dump money into the internals just yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks for looking.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:03 PM

350-400hp is easily achievable with a SC, if your car has some supporting mods already u can almost get there on stock boost. In terms of relocations etc etc.. I recommend the SOS kit. I havnt got mine yet so I cant talk first hand although everyone is saying it's the easiest and relocation free kit.

In terms of putting a kit together is great because u can get all the parts u want. The only problem with that is ur gonna have to double ur budget!

If your planning to build your motor later on probably go turbo if ur going to be looking for big power, in saying that there are afew people on this board that are canking out over 500hp on sc. It's a tough decision to make but either way FI is FI, it's always better than Na lol!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:07 PM

get a SC, if you go turbo buy a kit like mase or inline pro. But I would do a SC for that HP goal.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 PM

I have a log manifold and sc61 turbo pieced together kit if you want something cheap. even toss in injectors and everything else I have except AEMv2 EMS
Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 PM

For $3200 you cant beat this deal.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=827402&st=0
Old 11-26-2010, 02:48 PM

wowww, great price!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:54 AM

@ manny-s2000: thanks for the info on the relocation kit, ill start looking around for one. I havent been around th S2K scene very long so i dont know what the SOS kit is ><. But thats why we have the search button right? lol, as for piecing together a kit, I didnt think about what it was going to cost until i started looking around for parts individually. I think I may go the turbo route but still deciding!

@revenge: I was looking at the InlinePRO stage 1 kit, and so far im liking what i see! Does anyone know anyone who has this kit? is the turbo placed behind the motor?

@muscle cars blow: where are you located at? PM me with details of the kit! Im interested in it.

@Slappynuts: well... i WAS looking at the inlinePRO kit but that one is $600 cheaper. Ill be in touch with those guys for sure!

Right now I am currently still undecided which route I want to take. All the input was very helpful. I'm leaning more towards the turbo side. But cranking out 500hp with a sc kit doesnt sound too shabby either. But keep the suggestions coming!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Pm ddsdcd he has an inline pro kit completely bolt on made 535 rwhp with it then took it off and bought a mase kit. 8m pretty sure he still has it for around 3500
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might or might not have to relo the battery or fuse box. It completely depends on what kit you get. It turns out to be pretty easy to do, so don't let that deter you.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:37 AM

@ g352s2k thanks will do. Those numbers look pretty good to me.

@Torque Obsessed: I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I am going to relocate the fuse box and Battery. Just looking for a DIY on the fuse box.

Quick Reply: a couple turbo questions