S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What Octane per whp figures

Old 01-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm making 425whp on 91 octane and 588whp on e85. stock ap1 f20c with stock fuel lines. To make the most hp on straight pump 91/93 octane you must have a very efficient turbo setup. Make sure you have a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust with no cat. Make sure you have a good billet wheel ball baring turbo. And most important make sure you have a proper tubular turbo manifold with a merge collector.

I have had a lot of different turbo setups. I started off making 330whp with a cheep log manifold and old school t3 50trim turbo. Went up to 380whp after going to a tubular manifold. Then went up to 450whp by going to a garrett gtx3576 turbo. All on straight 91octane.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:06 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Aren't u the one that does his own tuning tho.

With that level of being able tune and datalog, alot of steady state tuning, I'm sure squeezing every penny is feasible. I have no question if it's possible and being confident on it.

I can get on the dyno and make a 500whp pass myself. Will it last, most likely not lol.
I can see the dip and it has not changed with everything i have tried to install. Really tho. I'm only out the in tank fpr. I'm not ecstatic about dead heading an a electrical motor anymore anyways.

What size fuel pump r u running?
No disrespect at all, but makes n made leaves a lil wonder there to. Like did it make 500 and was not safe? Or made 500 and was OK but u took it back down? Or made 500 and or more still...
plz don't take that the wrong way. Just wondering how u made ur power other then doing ur own steady long term tuning iirc.
It made 500 whp and went a 1:32 at Road Atlanta during the 2016 Global Time Attack event with a slipping ACT/OEM combo. It was on E85, and it was only a quick dyno tune done by ebtec in the ATL and not tuned by me. I only checked the datalogs after each session to ensure we weren't going to blow it up. I have a Full Blown 340 pump.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
I'm making 425whp on 91 octane and 588whp on e85. stock ap1 f20c with stock fuel lines. To make the most hp on straight pump 91/93 octane you must have a very efficient turbo setup. Make sure you have a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust with no cat. Make sure you have a good billet wheel ball baring turbo. And most important make sure you have a proper tubular turbo manifold with a merge collector.

I have had a lot of different turbo setups. I started off making 330whp with a cheep log manifold and old school t3 50trim turbo. Went up to 380whp after going to a tubular manifold. Then went up to 450whp by going to a garrett gtx3576 turbo. All on straight 91octane.
On 92 I'm making 422 on 11.5 psi @8400rpm. In comparison to the power chart it looks to be pretty efficient I'm not exactly sure if I can compare like that but it is functioning way different now that its an open dump. It carry's trq longer and peaks at a later rpm then my previous dynos. Now that the IWG leak is fixed I should be totally ironed out and making a solid run. With it leaking my pressure was running like a SC. I agree a blingy billet would be ideal :happyface: just not in the budget as of rn.

(King Tut) Anything on E85 I honestly don't pay attention to and or compare. Two different animals, cooler fuel, all that jazz.
Unless ur point was that E85 has to use roughly 30% more fuel to make the same power but is capable of overcoming pump fuel, I'm not sure if that would be more of a hinderence against a return less system but u are making extra power from an E85 fuel ontop of having a 320 pump. Sounds like u found a nice sweet spot with the return less system. :Kudos:
with the 30% more I'm sure it does put more of a workload on the returnless. So you would think if the kit is efficient enough that pump could carry farther to, as far as pressure and safety go. I just can't take to much of a comparison against the setups n power levels with an entirely different fuel and pump n kit I'm sure. All else being the same. This is as well entirely new to me and my tuner because we can't find any dynos of this kit on pump at this power level @11.5psi soo :/ nothing to compare against other then you know. Different fuels, different kits yada yada.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 01-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just as another data point, I am making just over 400 WHP on a stock '06 with a KW kit on 91 octane. I was an early KW v2 customer and went through the teething issues. The kit is solid now. Car is a daily in summer and occasional track car.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:47 PM

I think it should also be noted with pushing for more on a falling fuel pressure is that the spray pattern could be starting to compromise, as well as atomization. I think as the pressure drops and u push for more your holding the injectors open longer. Causing the above mentioned.
not saying anyone is right or wrong but I think it would hold some merit. Unless this directly correlates with injector duty cycle, and it would have to be maxed to start seeing this type of problem.
Can anyone explain?
Old 02-12-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So about 12psi is the most you should boost on 91 octane????
trying to figure out what I need for my next tune.

Is their a cost effective way to up the octane a point?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM

Researching psi per octane is pretty much worthless. Instead find the best tuner you can.

Octane boosters are worthless and should not be used as an alternative "booster" to gain a point.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made 660whp on 93 octane.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not that I would recommend it, but we made over 700whp on 93oct and water/meth injection.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:08 AM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
It made 500 whp and went a 1:32 at Road Atlanta during the 2016 Global Time Attack event with a slipping ACT/OEM combo. It was on E85, and it was only a quick dyno tune done by ebtec in the ATL and not tuned by me. I only checked the datalogs after each session to ensure we weren't going to blow it up. I have a Full Blown 340 pump.
what is your opinion on James tune? I'll be finished with my turbo build this weekend and I was leaning towards ebtec for the tune. I'm on infinity

Quick Reply: What Octane per whp figures