S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Stuck with ctsc install

Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck with ctsc install

I'm having a bit of a problem with installIn the RRFPR.

- when installing the mounting bracket, I removed the screws from the fuse box and throttle cable, but there seems to be another black piece that seems to be in the way. Should I zip tie this off somewhere? Ive read that the only thing that needs to be moved is the fuse box and cable but I can't find a way to bolt it in.

- after removing the stock fpr, do I need to T off the bottom hose? There seems to be some fuel in the line but I can't see a way to take that off. Im guessing this is the line that connects to the bottom of the RRFPR?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, the fuel feed hose coming into the stock FPR goes into the bottom of the Comptech FPR. It takes a bit of work to maneuver the hose around to where the Comptech FPR mounts, but it'll get there without kinking. The high pressure hose comes out the side of the Comptech FPR and into the banjo bolt fitting from Comptech that mounts to the fuel rail.

I'm not really sure what black piece is in the way that you are thinking of zip-tying. I remove the fuse box lid, remove the one bolt holding the fuse box, remove the one bolt holding the throttle cable bracket, and wiggle the FPR/mounting bracket assembly in there and reinstall the throttle cable and fuse box. Getting those bolts back in is a total pain in the @$$.

You have the FPR pre-installed onto the mounting bracket before you try to mount it to the fender right?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

there are tabs on the back of the fuse box that allow you to take it off the bracket makes it easier to re install. two tabs you depress and slide the bracket down and off good luck.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Yes, the fuel feed hose coming into the stock FPR goes into the bottom of the Comptech FPR. It takes a bit of work to maneuver the hose around to where the Comptech FPR mounts, but it'll get there without kinking. The high pressure hose comes out the side of the Comptech FPR and into the banjo bolt fitting from Comptech that mounts to the fuel rail.

I'm not really sure what black piece is in the way that you are thinking of zip-tying. I remove the fuse box lid, remove the one bolt holding the fuse box, remove the one bolt holding the throttle cable bracket, and wiggle the FPR/mounting bracket assembly in there and reinstall the throttle cable and fuse box. Getting those bolts back in is a total pain in the @$$.

You have the FPR pre-installed onto the mounting bracket before you try to mount it to the fender right?

yea its pre installed on the bracket. next to where the rrfpr sits, theres a small black unit. i had to unscrew that to get the mounting bracket to sit right

it seems like the fuel feed hose is attached by a rubber piece. i managed to get the one under the stock fpr, but the second one way under the manifold seems like it wont budge. doesnt seem like there isnt enough line
Old 11-24-2012, 04:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ohhhh, like the hose is held in place with a plastic clip? Yes, I remember having to free the hose from that clip in order to get the hose to reach over to the Comptech FPR. I don't know what advice to give other than just keep working at it. It helps to have scrawny girlish arms, lmfao. Get your girlfriend to try and reach down there and work it free.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's enough hose in the line.

It's tricky to get the hose off the bracket, but it'll come off.

As to what that black thing is that is in the way of where the RRFPR goes...I have no idea and I just have mine detached. 2 years and no issues.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The black thing your talking about...I just let it lay on the inner fender...the wires were enough to keep it in place. Have no issues at all. Of course you could zip it off to something if your worried.