The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

New colour on my AP1

Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New colour on my AP1

I have been a happy AP1 owner for over 16 years now. The original GPW paint is still nice but I decided to pull the trigger on a different type of white. A refreshed look but not going too crazy. If you're interested, here's the info:

- 3M White Gold Sparkle
- With Satin Black rear oem spoiler

It's in the shop now. I'm happy with the result so far! Will definitely post more photos when I get it back later this week.

UPDATE 06/12/16
Just picked up my car ahead of schedule. For those of you who are wondering yes it is a wrap. And I have to say I'm extremely happy with the result. My wife was surprised and thought it's an $7-8k premium paint job. Originally I had plans to paint it a different colour after owning this car for so long, was looking forward to a new refreshed style. After extensive research I decided to give wrapping a try. And the result is stunning.

Grey vs White
The day before we ordered the vinyl roll I was set on the 3M Battleship Grey, only later I found a few pictures of this White Gold Sparkle colour on a GTR and a McLaren, I fell in love with it. Decided to give it a shot. Despite going through the troubles for a change of shade of the same colour, I'm actually very happy with the result. The GPW started to look a little dull and flat to me after 16 years of gentle daily drive, waxing & polishing does help a little, but I wanted a more refreshed and restored "new car" look on my AP1.

White Gold Sparkle
It's a strange feeling when I picked up my car today. Confused. My AP1 looked Awesome today, for years I found it very dull looking because it's a 16 yr-old daily drive, but today it's exciting, it's updated, it's new and the lines of this classic JDM body finally show. The Gold metallic base looks very different under different light and from different angles. When it looks white, it's whiter than most white cars around, when the gold sparkle shines, it's very exciting! And for those of you who owns the Amuse R1 front bumper, it really benefits from this special added layer of metallic gold. Very glossy finish. I like the fact that this new colour adds a new dimension and more aggressive body line to my AP1. My intention was to keep it clean looking, updated and a little more aggressive. I'll let the picture speak for itself!

All photos were captured on my iPhone.

Last edited by loft846; 12-06-2016 at 11:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by loft846:
BruceWarne (12-06-2016), dc5lov3r (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

so its a wrap?
Old 12-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a lot of work to still be white... before and after pictures may justify the change... or if you always had intentions of that shade of white... i always though a pearl white was cool on integras and stuff, but honestly if your happy that works... o btw 16years nice!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by dsthez
thats a lot of work to still be white... before and after pictures may justify the change... or if you always had intentions of that shade of white... i always though a pearl white was cool on integras and stuff, but honestly if your happy that works... o btw 16years nice!!!
Thanks. Almost went with a different colour but at the end I decided on a different white. I'm very happy with the result because my intention was to refresh/restore my aged AP1. It does look like a new car to me now. Here's a before & after shot, sorry the white balance setting might be different but you get the idea.

Before

After
Old 12-07-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Now I want to wrap to, but I'll try to wait for one more year :P
Old 12-07-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking good....
Old 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrapping is always fun. looks like they did a nice job. Hopefully your stock paint wasn't pealing in some spots prior to installing the wrap, because when you take it off it may take the paint with it. It did with mine anyways.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great Where did you get it done? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by herap1
Wrapping is always fun. looks like they did a nice job. Hopefully your stock paint wasn't pealing in some spots prior to installing the wrap, because when you take it off it may take the paint with it. It did with mine anyways.
thanks for the tips! fingers crossed how long did the wrap last you?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Amuse r1 bumper

Looks great. where did you order your amuse r1 is it replica? fits super clean

Quick Reply: New colour on my AP1