S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

My winter project

Old 02-18-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My winter project

So last fall I picked up my first S2000 and started planning for it's future. I drove the car for a few weeks while the weather held out, then in early November I parked the car and went to work.

Initially, my plan was to fix a few issues with the soft-top. Primarily the fact that the rear bar straps were not connected to the studs at the base of the top. After a bit of research, I learned that fixing this was quite involved, as it meant removing most of the cars interior to get everything connected correctly. There were a few other issues I needed to sort out anyways, and so my project began.

The list began fairly small. I wanted to fix the aforementioned issue with the soft-top, fix the driver's seat bolster and fix a split roll hoop. Once I had the interior removed, I realized how badly everything needed cleaned and figured this would probably be my best opportunity. I decided to remove everything from the interior, down to bare metal.

I managed to disassemble and repair the driver's seat, then decided to get some Clazzio covers as a layer of protection for my newly repaired seat and to make everything look new. Since I didn't really like that the black Clazzio's with red inserts don't match the factory red very well ('06 Silverstone with Red/Black Int), I decided to go with black/black and red stitching. I figured I could pair this with a few other items from Redline Leather and freshen up the whole interior a bit. This lead to ordering everything available from Redline, and much more upholstery work than I could have ever imagined!

Along the way, I discovered some other fun stuff about my newly purchased car. The car spent much of it's life with a hard-top, which I chose to pass on when I bought the car (I'm sure I'll regret this someday). The soft-top was in relatively good condition though. But after finding at least half of the fasteners for the rear tray were missing, along with other various bolts attaching the soft-top frame to the car, it became obvious that the soft-top had been removed from the car at some point in it's life. This lead to a few weeks of combing through the service manual and cross referencing parts catalogs to gather all the missing fasteners and various other odds and ends.

So anyways, I've spent the last few months cleaning, repairing and replacing the interior of my car. I just got everything finished this afternoon, and unseasonal 65 degree weather meant I got to enjoy some top-down driving today. Figured I'd share my results.

On to the pictures! (pictures along the way are posted in my gallery)

Old 02-21-2017, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks dope brother.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seat covers look great and your carpet looks really vibrant with that pop of red