S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Painting Interior

Old 06-06-2015, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Painting Interior

This thread is sort of an introduction to me. I've benefitted greatly from the wealth of knowledge that you fellow community memberS have shared so I feel its time to give back. I know this topic has been touched on before but it seems that no one really had the balls to tackle full on.

Ride: 2004 S2000; berlin a black with full black interior. I turbo ed last year; finally got it tuned this year; 407hp on cast manifold and 60-1 garrett; feels really nice but I figured I wanna to add a personal touch to the ride.

Its a risky project but I plan on doing the full interior (seats, door panels, center console and dash) in BMW cinnamon brown; I think it would complement really nicely the berlina. I've researched a couple of products available and the one that really stood out was the color bond. There is a really nice thread on one of those E46 forums where members got really nice results and there are some youtube videos demonstrating the versatility of the product. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a couple cans (10). Plan on removing the interior in the next week or two; and I plan to post pics and try to do a decent review; and hopefully keep you guys updated about the longevity of the mod.

Attached a color sample pic:
[attachment=80498:bmw-550i-2-58117251137998126.jpg]

Its a pleasure being a guinea pig for s2ki. Maybe some of you can chime in and try to deter me.
Attached Thumbnails Painting Interior-bmw-550i-2-58117251137998126.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
S2Tdriver (02-25-2024)
Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 06-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck. I'm excited to see the results
Old 06-16-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates?
Old 11-01-2016, 05:58 PM

I did this like a year a aback and cosmetically the results were superb. I cannot vouch for the reliability since I have not used the car for much of the time. I moved and my body and forced induction work is at a stand still. This job is not for the faint of heart and for people preoccupied with resale value. I don't give a rats about resale and my customization is in line with my taste. I used color bond's BMW cinnamon brown, stripped the interior except the dash, prepped according to the products recommendations and from what I can tell without much abuse, the product holds pretty well to oem leather, vinyl and hard plastic. I'm pretty damn happy with the results. USE AT UR OWN RISK.

S2k color bond interiors by sqwame, on Flickr

​​​​​​​
pictures Doesn't do it justice. In person there is no significant change in texture of the material. The color I chose in my opinion was dope with berlina black but I'm changing the body color to a non-metallic gray and should be as dope.

Last edited by Paddie; 11-02-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

photo links are broken OP
Old 11-03-2016, 01:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be so sketched out doing that to my s2000..hats off to you! I hope it don't rub off on a pair of white pants lol
Old 11-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by herap1
I would be so sketched out doing that to my s2000..hats off to you! I hope it don't rub off on a pair of white pants lol
Haha. My side chick loves wearing tight cream denim. No problem so far. And as I said in person you cant tell if it's oem or not. You have to deeply scuff the leather to get shit off. In the process of doing some body work and might redo the seats only with custom matching leather since my oem leather is a little worn but it won't be because of leather paint not being satisfactory.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:40 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks for fixin the links, that looks great. you went farther than i would have, but props to you for all the work. came out very nice. you have the only all brown S2k i have ever heard of. BMW makes a ton of awesome leather colors too. cinnamon and carmel nappa leather from them is spectacular.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddie
Haha. My side chick loves wearing tight cream denim. No problem so far. And as I said in person you cant tell if it's oem or not. You have to deeply scuff the leather to get shit off. In the process of doing some body work and might redo the seats only with custom matching leather since my oem leather is a little worn but it won't be because of leather paint not being satisfactory.
That's good! You defiantly did a nice job, do you have better quality photos outside in the light?

Quick Reply: Painting Interior