S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Vinyl wrapping ap2 center console

Old 10-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Gatsbee13

Default Vinyl wrapping ap2 center console

I wanted to get opinions on what finish to wrap my ap2 center console.. I went ahead and bought 2 finishes in 1x1 foot of each .. Finishes I bought were black chrome and carbon fiber.. I know a lot of people have carbon fiber over their center consoles so I'm leaning toward the black chrome.just going to wrap the aluminum pieces.. heres a few pics:

A separate pic of the black chrome and carbon fiber to get a better look at the finish..

Old 10-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long did it take?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:39 PM

I used 3m satin black to do my center console pieces and radio door. First time attempting something like this so edges aren't perfect but left as is to test durability. It's been on over a month in South Carolina heat and no issues. Definitely beats paying for a my06 console.

Vinyl wrapping ap2 center console-ztj5uqb.jpg

Vinyl wrapping ap2 center console-2m8tgyh.jpg

Sorry for the rushed pics
Old 10-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Gatsbee13

Nice.. I like the fact that this is a very inexpensive cosmetic change, but can be made to stand out or be a little more subtle like yours..and if you want to change colors, u can do so at anytime.. I think I paid $25 for both pieces of vinyl shipped..

A little off topic but how did you get the modifry cup holder in that location? I bought one but its installation required me to use the same area where u have the bracket, which I have as well..
Old 10-18-2014, 06:07 PM

I wanted to get rid of the brushed metal look as it had numerous scratches and didn't match what I wanted. The vinyl was very cheap (12 bucks I think) and allowed a reversible mod. I also have enough left over to repeat again if it gets worn out.

I used one of the net screws without the knob in one of the mounting holes. It is not the most stable but works perfectly for my coffee every morning. I used a couple washers to stabilize it more. When open it sits right on the hump in the passenger well. It may not be as stable during very spirited drives but works well and out of the way.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
Nice.. I like the fact that this is a very inexpensive cosmetic change, but can be made to stand out or be a little more subtle like yours..and if you want to change colors, u can do so at anytime.. I think I paid $25 for both pieces of vinyl shipped..

A little off topic but how did you get the modifry cup holder in that location? I bought one but its installation required me to use the same area where u have the bracket, which I have as well..
Today I drilled a new hole in the cup holder so it sits more forward and almost directly on the hump when open. Added a larger nut on the screw to help add more leverage. This seems to be the ticket when mounting yourself.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Gatsbee13

ill have to look for my cup-holder again and give this a try.. why not, since im already in the process of sprucing up my interior.. thx for the info.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:54 AM
Banned

Wow! That looks awesome! I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatowraps and Gatorprints