S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

06 S2000 passing emissions (IL)

Old 01-31-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Chuck, here it's just plug and play, no sniff or visual inspection. My previous g35 coupe had longtube headers and that thing was clearly not supposed to pass emissions in any way shape or form, even the guys on the emissions line could tell, but hey - no code, so I "passed". Drove away clean and clear.

No problem man, it's here if you need it.

Note though, I don't have the oem gaskets with it as they are paired on with my test pipe on the vehicle. But the cat itself has probably 8,000 miles on it at best, though that doesn't matter much, no real surface rust, should go on without an issue. Just give me a day or two advance notice, PM me if anything.
Okay cool, if you want i could buy you gaskets for letting me use it?
Old 01-31-2017, 12:28 PM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost Amusement
the CEL came on before i test piped the car, and i read the code as a bad o2 sensor before i test piped. The bad o2 sensor is what pushed me to test pipe

and yes, I live in Elgin and work in St. Charles, but i cant remember seeing you anywhere =/

You stuck your whole body out of the car to wave to me once. I thought that was very nice of you.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
You stuck your whole body out of the car to wave to me once. I thought that was very nice of you.
oh that sounds familiar, i remember doing that once, i had someone else in the car but i cant remember it all lol
Old 02-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I recently took emissions on my Honda Fit and they did a visual test this time. So you might have to get a used cat some where. If not a test pipe with defoulers usually works.. i'm in the Cook county illinois area.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Okay cool, if you want i could buy you gaskets for letting me use it?

Honestly bro, you don't need to, I just have this sitting in storage, wrapped away carefully and in a box.
If you need the gaskets for you to run it to pass, go ahead, but if you don't - I'm fine with you borrowing it without the need to buy me gaskets, but it's your call of course.

PM me whenever you need it.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I can be a back-up for a CAT loan if you need it. It's been sitting up on the top shelf in my garage for 11 years now.
You can even use my lift for installation and removal.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:32 AM

just from my experience:

i had the core of my stock cat break loose during a track day and sheer off the tip of the o2 sensor. i got the cat replaced with a test pipe as well as throwing in a spacer for the new sensor. no cel a year later. took all of 30 minutes to do. i don't know if we have a visual inspection here but i took it in just for the hell of it and passed no problems. and i actually track my car instead of hardparking in a parking lot and circlejerking over whose shiny 30lb wheels fit the worst so visual inspection might not be an issue anyways.

Last edited by A. Dos Santos; 02-02-2017 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added infi
Old 02-02-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos
just from my experience:

i had the core of my stock cat break loose during a track day and sheer off the tip of the o2 sensor. i got the cat replaced with a test pipe as well as throwing in a spacer for the new sensor. no cel a year later. took all of 30 minutes to do. i don't know if we have a visual inspection here but i took it in just for the hell of it and passed no problems. and i actually track my car instead of hardparking in a parking lot and circlejerking over whose shiny 30lb wheels fit the worst so visual inspection might not be an issue anyways.
cant tell if youre trying to roast me on stancing my car but okay
Old 02-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by hecash
I can be a back-up for a CAT loan if you need it. It's been sitting up on the top shelf in my garage for 11 years now.
You can even use my lift for installation and removal.
my car cant make it on lifts, i appreciate the offer though, really. If you dont need it maybe i could buy it from you so i dont need to borrow someones all the time?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

my car cant make it on lifts, i appreciate the offer though, really. If you dont need it maybe i could buy it from you so i dont need to borrow someones all the time?

Harry's lift is fairly low, I remember seeing it back when I used to have Facebook. I recall it was a scissor-jack style. Bendpak I believe.

Quick Reply: 06 S2000 passing emissions (IL)