S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AP2 Lip Protector/Splitter

Old 02-17-2017, 08:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AP2 Lip Protector/Splitter

So I've done a ton of research on this and wanted some opinions from those who run these.
i bought an OEM lip for my AP2 and want to get a lip prot cite for it before I ruin the crap out of it.

Seems like the 2 most common are the downforce and the low pro aero.
I like the downforce best, but it's pricey, and some things I've read are that it's fragile, and I'd hate to spend that kind of money for it to get destroyed easily.
The lowpro doesn't look as good, but it is cheaper, my only question is if it's adjustable, because on their website in the pics, it sticks out way too far.

Any thoughts on here from people who have them???
Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When it comes to s2000 splitters, you have a few options on how you can go about it.

You can go with just the "lip" splitter or you can go with chassis mounted splitter.
You have it in plastics to aluminum to the expensive carbon fiber.
You can go with all aluminum (best for everyday scraping and bottoming out) and have it painted black or wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl.
You can also go with all aluminum (for protection) AND abs plastic (for looks) AND have them both wrapped in vinyl - this is what I have.

You got choices when it comes to splitters.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by S~Factor
When it comes to s2000 splitters, you have a few options on how you can go about it.

You can go with just the "lip" splitter or you can go with chassis mounted splitter.
You have it in plastics to aluminum to the expensive carbon fiber.
You can go with all aluminum (best for everyday scraping and bottoming out) and have it painted black or wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl.
You can also go with all aluminum (for protection) AND abs plastic (for looks) AND have them both wrapped in vinyl - this is what I have.

You got choices when it comes to splitters.
I like the low key look of the downforce lip.
Im not lowered, and don't want anything that sticks out to far.
something subtly and most likely plastic.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I looked at all the front splitter/bumper protector options last fall and was recommended by Wasp composites to contact LOWPROAERO about their lip protector. The owner of LOWPROAERO said he was closing this side business down last fall and I got the last AP1 bumper protector. I see that the company is still alive, but only have a AP2 Lip Protector listed on the site now. I would contact the owner via phone/email here: https://www.facebook.com/LOWPROaero/about/ if you are interested in this part AP2 FRONT LIP PROTECTOR - HONDA S2000 (2004-2009) / LOWPROaero

I went with the beatrush aluminum undertray and the LOWPROAERO lip protector(carbon vinyl wrap soon) over a Wasp composite front splitter, so I could just replace the front lip protector when it gets damaged.

Last edited by jackmugen02; 02-19-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The DF lip is more of an aesthetic piece that offers little protection. Where as the low pro aero extends about 2-3 inches underneath the lip in order to protect it from scraping and it also extends maybe half an inch outwards. I have a low pro aero and it has saved my ass when I accidentally move too far forward while parking and hit one of those parking kit kats.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

depending on what your application is for .. I got my silly things just for "looks"

they have a full splitter, but I just went with the front corners and the sides as that's just what I wanted.

toponemotors.com
Old 02-19-2017, 04:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Nice clean look.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by tooncreations
The DF lip is more of an aesthetic piece that offers little protection. Where as the low pro aero extends about 2-3 inches underneath the lip in order to protect it from scraping and it also extends maybe half an inch outwards. I have a low pro aero and it has saved my ass when I accidentally move too far forward while parking and hit one of those parking kit kats.
Thanks for all the great info.
is the lowpro one adjustable?
I just want to protwct my OEM lip.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

I built this out of marine star board. Its easy to work with and help protect the CR lip.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So I really wanted the lowproaero splitter. I ordered it. A week later my order was auto canceled with no info given. I found this thread and I now know why. Does anyone know of another option that's as similar to this as close to the price?

I cant afford the down force one. Not for something like that that's sure to be destroyed sooner rather than later.

any recommendations??

Originally Posted by Jonnytatt
So I've done a ton of research on this and wanted some opinions from those who run these.
i bought an OEM lip for my AP2 and want to get a lip prot cite for it before I ruin the crap out of it.

Seems like the 2 most common are the downforce and the low pro aero.
I like the downforce best, but it's pricey, and some things I've read are that it's fragile, and I'd hate to spend that kind of money for it to get destroyed easily.
The lowpro doesn't look as good, but it is cheaper, my only question is if it's adjustable, because on their website in the pics, it sticks out way too far.

Any thoughts on here from people who have them???