S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

DIY: Ingalls Engine Torque Damper Install

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, gonna place an order. I think my 80,000 mile engine mounts could use the extra help.

Any group buys or discounts on the horizon?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zoomie,Jan 14 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks, gonna place an order. I think my 80,000 mile engine mounts could use the extra help.

Any group buys or discounts on the horizon?
We don't ave any GB planned in the near future for our ETD, but we continue offer great prices on all our products.

I currently run one in my car and am very happy with it as well.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Pardon my newb question but;

why would one need a torque dampener on a car with no torque in the first place?

I thought they made those dampeners for fwd cars with tq steer problems.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

No questions is newb question

The cliff note version is:

The motor naturally shakes even on the motor mounts while id.e Now if you ever seen a motor while being rev'd you will see that it shakes violently. Since the motor is attached to the transmission and shift leaver is attached directly to the transmission...you can see how that will cause shifting to suffer a bit as well.

The ETD is designed to lessen or eliminate much of this shake during high loads or "high torque" out puts. This theoretically will free up some power loss due to this, allowing for smoother delivery of hp and torque in theory of course Some have reported less wheel hop.

But what It will do is make shifting much smoother, easier to get into each gear even under full load while turning. I have experienced this myself after having a ETD for year and having to remove it for a week for some work done, I really did notice the difference on up shifts and down shifts...so much so that I was a bit shocked at first...I didn't think an ETD really did anything until then.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

ok thanks for the info, looks like I am gona have to try it out!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EastS2k,Jan 14 2011, 06:59 PM
ok thanks for the info, looks like I am gona have to try it out!
Also cars with higher mileage and more worn motor mounts have instantly seen improvement. Best of all, this particular ETD won't. Require you to modify or alter anything in your engine bay which is a big plus for me let me know if I can help you with anything or answer any more questions.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:28 AM

Will this require any extra disassembly when installing with a Comptech supercharger? The empty space in front of the motor is taken up by the supercharger so I imagine it may be harder or impossible. Thanks for any help. I'm interested.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the mounts for the ingalls has two vertical bolts and one horizontal bolt. the comptech brackets might use that hole (just going from memory as i don't have the comptech in my car anymore), there are three total on the front plate, one to the vtec solenoid bracket, another to the alternator bracket, and finally the lower passenger that i believe goes to that mount hole. not even sure if there is room between the supercharger assembly and the engine to put that etc bracket there.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

It seems like the supercharger does use the same mounting place as the Ingalls ETD. I will contact Ingalls to see if they are willing to come up with a solution for the SC'd applications or what solutions we might have.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You know they have a J's and spoon solution..

I'm sure you've probably heard of them but disagree win mounting/cutting locations

Quick Reply: DIY: Ingalls Engine Torque Damper Install