S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Dual exhaust that is between Tanabe M Touring & Invidia Q300?

Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dual exhaust that is between Tanabe M Touring & Invidia Q300?

Sup fellas

If someone already asked this question, would you please provide me the link? I searched for an aswer and couldn't find one Does such exhaust exist?

The consensus is the India Q300 is simply too loud with tons of drone, and its a "ricer/cop magnet"? (I definitely don't want this).

I'm leaning towards purchasing the Tanabe Medalion Touring, since the reviews have been great, but those same reviews also state "the exhaust is "a hair", "a little", "slightly" louder than stock". Is there an exhaust that perhaps is the child of the TMT & Q300?

Thank's in advance
Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like my HKS Hi Power. I also paired it with a Berk test pipe to make it louder and give it more edge when above 6k but it also sounded great with the stock cat.

When snowstorm Stella leaves I'll try to record a video. There are videos already online but not many high quality ones. I'll use my nice microphone and DSLR and get some good clips for you.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd say HKS as well in this price range. Any plans for HFC or test pipe?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:51 AM

@GoKaart, I would appreciate that, I'll be pairing mine with a high flow cat, since supposedly the test pipe released to much of a smell?

Btw, did you ever consider Tenabe Medalion Touring over the HKS Hi Power?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 AM

@1nate7: Thanks for responding, I'll be going with the HFC, just not sure which one yet
Old 03-15-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LAp2Eleven
@GoKaart, I would appreciate that, I'll be pairing mine with a high flow cat, since supposedly the test pipe released to much of a smell?

Btw, did you ever consider Tenabe Medalion Touring over the HKS Hi Power?
The test pipe does smell, but I don't really smell it in the cabin. People do say that they smell it when they drive behind me though. It kind of just smells like gas to be honest.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LAp2Eleven
@1nate7: Thanks for responding, I'll be going with the HFC, just not sure which one yet
In that case, I think the subtle sound of the Tanabe is less of a concern. I am running it with a HFC and I don't think anyone would mistake it for stock. It shouldn't be hard to listen to these in person since you are in LA. While I think the HKS sounds great, I knew it would be too loud for me with anything other than a stock cat. I also don't care for the look.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Greddy SE would be the exhaust closest to the mix of Tanabe Touring and the Invidia q300, both in look and sound.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
Greddy SE would be the exhaust closest to the mix of Tanabe Touring and the Invidia q300, both in look and sound.
I agree with this because I have had all 3 of these systems.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by GoKaart
The test pipe does smell, but I don't really smell it in the cabin. People do say that they smell it when they drive behind me though. It kind of just smells like gas to be honest.
That's good to know, I'll read up on the advantages of a text pipe over HFC

Originally Posted by 1nate7
In that case, I think the subtle sound of the Tanabe is less of a concern. I am running it with a HFC and I don't think anyone would mistake it for stock. It shouldn't be hard to listen to these in person since you are in LA. While I think the HKS sounds great, I knew it would be too loud for me with anything other than a stock cat. I also don't care for the look.
I was looking into the HKS but I also read it was too loud, and supposedly some people claim experiencing loss of power, and the build quality is not as great as the Tanabe.

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
Wow, this exhaust sounds awesome! just finished looking into it, and supposedly it used have a terrible drone but it was fixed with the SE Version 2, but damn its running $1,282.50, $500+ over the Tanabe (damn what to do)

Originally Posted by Neuro1
I agree with this because I have had all 3 of these systems.
I'm gonna see if I can get someone in my area to meet me so I can listen to the Greddy SE and Tanabe

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust that is between Tanabe M Touring & Invidia Q300?