S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ebay AP2 Lights.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if only someone were making reasonably priced headlights as well
Old 12-16-2016, 07:00 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_
if only someone were making reasonably priced headlights as well
Factory Style Blk Projector Headlights Parking Lamp Amber AW 04-09 S2000 S2K AP2 | eBay

From what I've read, they made these a few years ago and there were complaints about projector output quality and moisture leaks.

I have a set of very rough ap2 headlights sitting at home, so I was planning on ordering one of these ebay sets and swapping the OEM inner housing/projector into the ebay shell and then re-sealing them with new 3m adhesive.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian144
Factory Style Blk Projector Headlights Parking Lamp Amber AW 04-09 S2000 S2K AP2 eBay

From what I've read, they made these a few years ago and there were complaints about projector output quality and moisture leaks.

I have a set of very rough ap2 headlights sitting at home, so I was planning on ordering one of these ebay sets and swapping the OEM inner housing/projector into the ebay shell and then re-sealing them with new 3m adhesive.
I remember reading that a user did this not to long ago and the ebay housings fit the OEM bits well.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daileyboy81
Thanks I don't have many taken with my camera during the day with the lights on but here's a cell phone pic...

comparison:

Mate they look awesome! Were these installed on an AP1? If so do you get any moisture/condensation? If not, has anyone installed the tails on AP1's? Do they come with the rubber gaskets and is the install pretty much the same as with oem AP2 tail lights?

Finally would the tail lights below all be the same as the ones originally listed in this thread (ie., Taiwanese made)

For Honda S2000 AP2 2004-2009 CR TYPE S LED Tail Lights Rear Lamps | eBay

New Style LED RED CLEAR Tail Lights For Honda S2000 AP2 CR TYPE S Light Lamp | eBay

S2000 Second generation 04-09 Convertible 2D LED Tail Rear Light Black for HONDA | eBay

Please let me know, looking at getting these ASAP.

edit: noticed you mentioned AP1 in the first pic, any condensation and was install straight forward?

Last edited by esafaeian; 12-19-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by esafaeian
Mate they look awesome! Were these installed on an AP1? If so do you get any moisture/condensation? If not, has anyone installed the tails on AP1's? Do they come with the rubber gaskets and is the install pretty much the same as with oem AP2 tail lights?

Finally would the tail lights below all be the same as the ones originally listed in this thread (ie., Taiwanese made)

For Honda S2000 AP2 2004-2009 CR TYPE S LED Tail Lights Rear Lamps eBay

New Style LED RED CLEAR Tail Lights For Honda S2000 AP2 CR TYPE S Light Lamp eBay

S2000 Second generation 04-09 Convertible 2D LED Tail Rear Light Black for HONDA eBay

Please let me know, looking at getting these ASAP.

edit: noticed you mentioned AP1 in the first pic, any condensation and was install straight forward?
They came with the gaskets and it's the same process as the oem ap2 conversion, just make sure you order the ap2 turn signal socket from Honda because the socket from our Ap1 will not work.. Honestly my car is in project mode for the winter so I haven't had a chance to wash it or drive in the rain to check for moisture. Those listings should be for the same product, I ordered from a different vendor (U.S. based)
Old 12-20-2016, 08:45 AM

Alright I got mine installed, took like 30 minutes mostly because I was trying to be careful with the plugs for the trunk liner. Mine came with gaskets and were super easy to install. I would buy them again, for 175$ for the pair its hard to go wrong hopefully they will stand the test of time. I know most people say to just buy oem and thats fine but for 500 for a used oem pair doesnt seem worth it to me, my car has 178k miles and is no garage queen.

Last edited by kerby; 12-20-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:15 PM

They came with the gaskets and it's the same process as the oem ap2 conversion, just make sure you order the ap2 turn signal socket from Honda because the socket from our Ap1 will not work.. Honestly my car is in project mode for the winter so I haven't had a chance to wash it or drive in the rain to check for moisture. Those listings should be for the same product, I ordered from a different vendor (U.S. based)

S2000 Second generation 04-09 Convertible 2D LED Tail Rear Light Black for HONDA | eBay

Just having a look at the connectors behind the taillight, the brake light seems ok but the other two I'm not sure what they fit into as they look to be male connectors and both the ap1 and ap2 taillights have the female connectors on the unit? I was thinking of just hacking up my male connectors like many do when installing the ap2 tails instead of buying the new wiring harness...

I guess worst case scenario I could just dodgily connect the wires instead of using connectors and call it a day right?

Edit: I get it now, they fit in where the light bulbs would fit! Is there any other way of connecting them without buying the ap2 turn signal? I'm guessing I need to have the bulb connectors to fit into the holes otherwise they'll be open and let in moisture?

2nd edit: would I just be able to do what this dude did to get them to work with ap1 sockets?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-el...wiring-183447/

Final edit: If I can't make it work, is the eBay link below for the required socket? Is this all that I need and will the rest bolt up nicely? (obviously with the brake light harness modified a little).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-OEM...IAAOSw5cNYUTi~

Cheers

Last edited by esafaeian; 12-20-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have these on my Ap1 and I love them. There's another company making AP2 oem style headlights now for around the same price, i think? I just know it's way cheaper than OEM from Honda. And I'm not sure if they would include the ballasts..

Anyways, quick review on the tail lights; housing looks clean and identical to OEM, connectors feel a little cheap but they get the job done. LED's seem to be pretty high quality, they were significantly brighter than the standard bulbs from my ap1 lights and the brake and running light actually look RED when lit up instead of pink. Same for the turn signals, deep amber color and nice white reverse light. I'd give them a 9/10 especially considering the price.

Here are the tails all lit up..
Damn the tail lights look good. I'm gonna buy now. Thanks for the picture
Old 12-26-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, looks very good. Might consider these for my AP1 as well.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kerby
Alright I got mine installed, took like 30 minutes mostly because I was trying to be careful with the plugs for the trunk liner. Mine came with gaskets and were super easy to install. I would buy them again, for 175$ for the pair its hard to go wrong hopefully they will stand the test of time. I know most people say to just buy oem and thats fine but for 500 for a used oem pair doesnt seem worth it to me, my car has 178k miles and is no garage queen.
I assume there is no cutting or drilling required ?
Because with AP2 Oem tailights, you have to.

Quick Reply: Ebay AP2 Lights.