S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ebay AP2 Lights.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cruc1a7
Did the ap2 conversion awhile ago and my oem lights both starting getting dust inside. Would rather buy these than attempt to clean the insides.
you needed to put silicone around the light to avoid this issue.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had these lights installed on my ap1 for over a month now. The car has seen rain and a few high pressure washes and I haven't had any issues with fogging up. The lights are VERY bright and the LEDs do seem like they are good quality. My install was a little subpar lol, first time using the power saw and I had to go back to clean the cuts using a dremel. I also added some waterproof roof flashing tape around the cuts to make it a little more water tight. I do plan on checking behind the lights where I made cuts for water/rust every few months (I did spray some paint) and might actually go back and reapply some more paint just for peace of mind.

The lights fit very well and the panels gaps etc are no different to my AP1 lights. I would have probably kept the AP1s had it not been for the ugly half circle reverse and indicator lights and the very low brightness of the lights. I will hold onto them though just incase I want to revert back to AP1s in the future. Has anyone re-installed AP1 lights after an AP2 conversion? Is it just a simple matter of making up a bracket to fit the bolts that don't have holes anymore?
Attached Thumbnails Ebay AP2 Lights.-20161230_075623.jpg