S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Full exhaust setup

Old 11-13-2016, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Full exhaust setup

Looking to do a full exhaust on my 07 s2k.
Thinking of going with Buddy club headers ( https://www.hptautosport.com/product...ant=4788190337 )
70mm berk high flow cat
Invidia q300
I believe the diamater of the s2000 header is 60mm. Will the 70mm high flow cat bolt to this okay?
Any opinions or info is appreciated!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you listened to any exhaust in person? to be honest the Q300 is not one of the better sounding or weight saving exhaust out there... there is a million threads on this topic. with a 2007 S2k my suggestion is to get a 60mm or 63.5mm Test pipe and a Flashpro and get an etune from Gernby or Evans or anyone who does it... use the money you were going to spend on headers and exhaust and get some suspension or nice tires and enjoy there car like that.

unless you are going boost, minor bolt ons are going to be mainly for sounds or weight savings... TP/Flashpro is best combo hands down for any 06+ s2k...

If you HAVE to have an exhaust, i would go with Tanabe Touring Medalion for the money and keep OEM headers... unless you want titanium and a $1500 + price tag, its the best exhaust thats readily available.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:29 PM

id get the ballade header instead. its also in the same price range
any 70mm test pipe
Tanabe medalion touring or greddy se dual
Old 11-13-2016, 12:45 PM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Everything I've read here on headers says they produce negligible power on the S2000. Tried and discarded the horrible Q300 exhaust which had deafening drone behind a high flow cat. Exhaust measured about 105dBA on an OSHA certified sound meter.

As noted there're a zillion threads on this topic. My setup produced 221 bhp at the rear wheels but more importantly the mid range power increase was significant. I figure I'll need a supercharger and a bundle of cash to get significantly more than this.

K&N FIPK intake. I'm sure the AEM works as well but I fear hydrolock in deep puddles.
Berk 63.5mm high flow cat.
Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust. 94dBA noise level.
Gernby FlashPro tune.

You can always stick an expensive header in there later if this ain't enough.

-- Chuck
Old 11-13-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Flashpro should absolutely be part of the plan since you have 06+. If you have to choose between it and a header, go Flashpro.

High flow cat along with the tune will be the biggest gain. Match your HFC and exhaust diameter if possible. You can certainly run a header as well, it wasn't worth it for me.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jojo*s2k
Looking to do a full exhaust on my 07 s2k.
Thinking of going with Buddy club headers ( https://www.hptautosport.com/product...ant=4788190337 )
70mm berk high flow cat
Invidia q300
I believe the diamater of the s2000 header is 60mm. Will the 70mm high flow cat bolt to this okay?
Any opinions or info is appreciated!
Get a 60mm test pipe and k&n fipk, then get it tuned by gernby via flashpro. I paid ~800 for my fipk, flashpro, test pipe, and uk mod plus another $99 for my tune so for $900 my car sounds very exotic with a nice intake whistle and a ton of midrange power. Anything past an intake, tp, and tune, though, you're spending a lot of money for negligible gains. If you have $800 burning a hole in your pocket for an exhaust then go with the Tanabe or maybe a used greddy se. Otherwise I'd just uk mod your stock exhaust for a different sound, because no dual exhaust for our cars will make enough power to justify spending any money.

I've also talked to gernby himself about hfc vs test pipe and he told me that a test pipe will yield more midrange horsepower/torque than a hfc but with either one vtec can still be set at ~3600 rpm. IIrc he sent me dynos of the 2 compared so I'll try to find them for you.

Last edited by NFR-S2k-; 11-14-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Do more research
Old 11-15-2016, 04:03 AM

Default Flashpro tune

Can you all walk an old fart (computer challenged) through the required parts etc. needed for a gernby tune. And can all this be done without myself doing anything other ten data logging ? will I need wide band 02's.

My only experience with tunning ECM's has been with a Chevy LT-1. I would plug my laptop/cable into my Vette and download data log via a Datamaster program. I then sent this info to a gentlemen who would flash a new "chip" . My Vette was OBD-1 and very limited on what could be achieved.
Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C4vettrn
Can you all walk an old fart (computer challenged) through the required parts etc. needed for a gernby tune. And can all this be done without myself doing anything other ten data logging ? will I need wide band 02's.

My only experience with tunning ECM's has been with a Chevy LT-1. I would plug my laptop/cable into my Vette and download data log via a Datamaster program. I then sent this info to a gentlemen who would flash a new "chip" . My Vette was OBD-1 and very limited on what could be achieved.
Thanks
If your car is an 06-09 all you need is a Hondata flashpro and a laptop. If you don't have an 06+ you can't use a flashpro and will need a new ecu and a protune. If you do have an 06+ basically just email gernby and he will walk you through exactly how to take the data logs and send them to him.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:05 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

The '06 and later cars can be Gernby road tuned via FlashPro and a computer running Windows. All done via data capture and email. Painless procedure but you need a clear road where you can run from roughly 18 to 80 mph in 3d gear (1800 to 8000 rpm) 21 times in an hour or so. This many high speed "pulls" can be attention getting in the wrong area.

Cars earlier than '06 will need an after market ECU and a dyno.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Full exhaust setup