S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Info needed. Opinions. Camber kit

Old 01-31-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Maybe but I have higher temps on the outside wall anyways. Need camber like stance guys.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Please explain how tire size effects the amount of camber you have? That makes no sense to me unless you are limited due to the tire or wheel hitting something on the inside and therefore have to adjust the camber. If the wheel is at -2.5 degrees and you change the wheel and tire or just the tire why would the camber measurement change?
On other applications with a Mcpherson strut setup, changing tire width resulted in less - camber... Going from a 225/45/17 conti DW on 17x8 +43 to a 245/40/17 R6 on 17x8 +35 reduced the camber by about .2*... I am not sure if the difference in offset would result in that much of a change but that was my experience.. Probably not applicable on the S2K suspensino geometry.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
In general, the wider the tires you have the less camber you want anyway, so it might just work out for you.
For a track focused car, the stock adjusters wont cut it, regardless of the tire width.
Wanting more or less camber is on a 'per application' scenario. Depends on tire compound, width, sidewall and then suspension geometry... Not sure I would be inclined to run less camber on a wider tire.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:45 PM

I need at least --3 in the front maybe more once I take tire temps down. For sure I need some where near -3. Need more info on spc kits cuz I'm skeptical on one bolt holding on my camber adjustment. Seems to me when I hit a pot hole or go off the bolt will get loose. Shine some light on this. I'm considering the js kit or spc right now. Don't want or need any of the baller stuff either. Il run same track times anyways with any of these kits. And that's wat matters haha.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:08 AM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
how was the installation? Easy? Heard u have to trial and error the plates for them to line up perfectly. Really no slip? That's good to hear.
I rented a ball joint press for free from an auto parts store. Install was extremely easy. Lining up the plates took me no trial and error at all.

My friend had similar luck.

No slip. Install them properly. Torque the nut to 135LB or whatever it says. Put a lining mark on the plate with a marker so you know if it does slip...and you know where to put it back to.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
I need at least --3 in the front maybe more once I take tire temps down. For sure I need some where near -3. Need more info on spc kits cuz I'm skeptical on one bolt holding on my camber adjustment. Seems to me when I hit a pot hole or go off the bolt will get loose. Shine some light on this. I'm considering the js kit or spc right now. Don't want or need any of the baller stuff either. Il run same track times anyways with any of these kits. And that's wat matters haha.
Seems to me that the J's would be a 2 bird one stone scenario. Adjusting your roll center and giving you more camber. If you dont already have RCAs maybe worth it? Because getting the SPCs then adding on some RCA adds up to the price of the J's...
Old 02-01-2017, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by gtracer
Seems to me that the J's would be a 2 bird one stone scenario. Adjusting your roll center and giving you more camber. If you dont already have RCAs maybe worth it? Because getting the SPCs then adding on some RCA adds up to the price of the J's...

yup that's an advantage of the js. Its 2x the price too. But it looks cooler. Haha. All u gatta do with the js is bolt it on and it get aligned and BOOM -3 camber everywhere
Old 02-01-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

I've had SPC balljoints on my previous s2k and J's s2 on my current s2000. I prefer the J's.

Keep in mind the SPC pulls the top of the knuckle inward and the j's pushes the bottom of the knuckle outward. Depending on your wheel width/offset you may run into issues with the SPC ball joint.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 AM

other ppl might run into problems with the spc and clearance on the shock with high offset wheels. But I'm ok. I can run 18x12 with the right offset right now and like a 285 tire. Gives u an idea on how much room I have to play with.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

You can get the Buddyclub front/rear RCA for around $400 total. The front joint allows for a pretty ridiculous camber range supposedly (2-5 degrees).
Old 02-01-2017, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by JamesD89
You can get the Buddyclub front/rear RCA for around $400 total. The front joint allows for a pretty ridiculous camber range supposedly (2-5 degrees).

really? I thought it's a rca only. Not offset. Can u elaborate?

Quick Reply: Info needed. Opinions. Camber kit