S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
View Poll Results: J's Racing dual 60RS or 70RS?
60RS
23.36%
70RS
63.55%
Neither
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

J's racing exhaust decision making

Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 70rs on my06 but had to sell due to poor fitment issues ,loved it for daily driving while it was on.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Riviera
Hang on, so are you saying they haven't fix the rattling issue even with the new batch?
rattling is a risk that you take with all resonated titanium exhausts. titanium is generally a bad metal compared to stainless steel for exhausts because titanium doesn't like heat and vibration. but it's light and sexy as hell!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gp_nfr06
Had a 70rs on my06 but had to sell due to poor fitment issues ,loved it for daily driving while it was on.
J's exhaust aren't meant for 06+ s2000s. Another thing to consider is that the 60rs dual will angle while the 70rs dual will exit straight.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

70RR fits fine on my 08.

I did get slightly creative with hangers for extra clearance though
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by chuhsi
rattling is a risk that you take with all resonated titanium exhausts. titanium is generally a bad metal compared to stainless steel for exhausts because titanium doesn't like heat and vibration. but it's light and sexy as hell!
So stainless version doesn't suffer from the same 'rattling' issue? Yeah it looks sexy even from pics, but it is also nearly twice as expensive.

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
J's exhaust aren't meant for 06+ s2000s. Another thing to consider is that the 60rs dual will angle while the 70rs dual will exit straight.
That's a crucial info. That equals better performance right? I can get 60rs dual and 70rs dual with not much difference in pricing so even with 63.5mm HFC (which itself I'm not sure is the bottleneck) 70rs dual will pull ahead due to it's straight piping? I sense it is louder than 60rs dual.

Originally Posted by gp_nfr06
What sort of fitment dilemma did you have??

Cheers guys!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 AM

I've got Berk 63mm HFC with J's Dual 60rs.

Great combo, not loud or drone at all at low rpm and sounds like stock at idle. But at higher rpms/vtec, it'll roar, sounds better with top down in my opinion. I wasn't looking for power or anything, just NA and sound/looks of the exhaust.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure you got what I meant earlier. The 60rs duals will exit with the tips pointing towards the sides of the car while the 70rs will point straight back. He's having fitment issues because most of the J's exhaust don't fit 06+ models well. I know for a fact that the 60rs single and the 70rs single will require modification to the car or exhaust to fit without hitting something.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by darksparkz
I've got Berk 63mm HFC with J's Dual 60rs.

Great combo, not loud or drone at all at low rpm and sounds like stock at idle. But at higher rpms/vtec, it'll roar, sounds better with top down in my opinion. I wasn't looking for power or anything, just NA and sound/looks of the exhaust.
That's a great feedback mate, thanks! How is the fitment?

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
I'm not sure you got what I meant earlier. The 60rs duals will exit with the tips pointing towards the sides of the car while the 70rs will point straight back. He's having fitment issues because most of the J's exhaust don't fit 06+ models well. I know for a fact that the 60rs single and the 70rs single will require modification to the car or exhaust to fit without hitting something.
Ok now I got it. I thought the piping on 60RS isn't straight. I'm assuming this doesn't apply to AP1?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 AM

The tips and muffler canister on the 60rs are slanted and points to the sides of the car, while the 70rs are straight.

I've got an ap1 and they fit without any issue, I've even got a spoon diffuser on and no cutting/modding of it was required.

Make sure you get a 3-bolt gasket from Berk when you get the HFC, I had to put copper sealant on the gasket between header and HFC because it was leaking even after everything was bolted down.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by darksparkz
The tips and muffler canister on the 60rs are slanted and points to the sides of the car, while the 70rs are straight.

I've got an ap1 and they fit without any issue, I've even got a spoon diffuser on and no cutting/modding of it was required.

Make sure you get a 3-bolt gasket from Berk when you get the HFC, I had to put copper sealant on the gasket between header and HFC because it was leaking even after everything was bolted down.
Hmm from the looks perspective 60RS is better I think... something different from the conventional straight... darksparkz you don't have pics do you? can you pm me the pics if you do please?? Would love to see.

Yeah the package I got from Berk has 3-bolts gasket included. I'll make sure I'll put this on thanks for the advice!!

Overwhelming votes for 70RS btw...

Quick Reply: J's racing exhaust decision making