S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

RSG Carbon OEM Hardtop front air leak

Old 03-06-2017, 07:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RSG Carbon OEM Hardtop front air leak

So my friend's car has a Rockstar Garage OEM Carbon Fiber Hardtop. At *higher* highway speeds the from of the hard lop will i guess flex a bit and you can see air leaking in front the middle extending towards the edge.

We are using factory hardtop strikes and latches in the front and the aftermarket brackets in the rear

Using a latch spacer won't do any good I don't believe because it's sealed when it's not moving. I'm thinking of suing a flat piece of weather stripping. Has anyone done this or come across this issue?
Old 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Id try using aftermarket brackets in the front. You can try re-seating the hardtop on the car, It could be on slightly to a side with catchers or shifting at speed. I used these and it worked well. (RSG version)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the OEM front tape where it sits over the windshield. There is tape you could buy that's intended for OEM hard tops, this should probably help eliminate that sound you're hearing.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cruc1a7
Id try using aftermarket brackets in the front. You can try re-seating the hardtop on the car, It could be on slightly to a side with catchers or shifting at speed. I used these and it worked well. (RSG version)
The hardtop is locked down doesn't move laterally and doesn't rattle (unlike my CRs hardtop)