S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Suggestions for Mods and Parts

Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Suggestions for Mods and Parts

Well this section has been up for a few weeks now.

It seems to have taken off well. Lots of questions, and lots of great answers.

Im glad the section is getting it's "regulars" and I'd like to thank those guys for helping out the noobs j/k

So post your suggestions or ideas (if any) here and I will try to address them accordingly.

I've been trying to come up with a way for a specific Thread for; Exhausts, Intakes, Coilovers, and so on. But when you think about it, the majority of the time ppl just post a new thread to get their specific question answered and won't take the time to read through xx# of pages of a thread.

Not that I can blame them some of the time, especially when threads go OT for 10-20 posts and then pick back up again.

Looking forward to any thoughts or comments.
The following users liked this post:
ROFL it's Waffle (02-27-2020)
Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you should remove this forum. but you should add SUSPENSION, INTERIOR, AERODYNAMICS/EXTERIOR COSMETICS, DRIVETRAIN, BREATHING, and ALL MOTOR (serious all motor setups) and put them all in a new section along with the existing FI forum (which should be divided into SUPERCHARGING, TURBOCHARGING, and NITROUS), the existing electronics forum, and the existing wheels/tires forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by nightcrawler7188:
icWnr (02-24-2024), nimbus2k (04-07-2017)
Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the forum the way it is. Maybe a performance vs cosmetic division.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i think with time this section will become bigger and better, everybody was just so used to posting pretty much everything into S2000 talk that little by little this will be huge. Maybe we can just make like 1 huge thread for intake, 1 for exhausts, etc and make them stickies and im sure those threads will be FULL of information/dynos/pics etc....

Maybe a section for all motor and FI, or like ckit said performance vs cosmetic. Either one are good suggestions and will probably help s2ki be a little more organized.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 AM

i really like the idea of the exhaust/intake/header stickies, having sound clips and reviews with members that have had them. Being new to the forum and all, i think it would be much easier, and faster if we did have these sorts of threads

also.. no idea why there isn't an all motor forum.. seems really strange? maybe its just me
Old 01-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by tony241,Jan 5 2008, 03:00 AM
i really like the idea of the exhaust/intake/header stickies, having sound clips and reviews with members that have had them. Being new to the forum and all, i think it would be much easier, and faster if we did have these sorts of threads

also.. no idea why there isn't an all motor forum.. seems really strange? maybe its just me
Probably because there are probably 20 times the people with FI vs all-motor.

All motor is very expensive and must be done expertly. Not a DIY kind of thing.

You'd only need one thread on all-motor:

Originally Posted by allmotorthread
Don't even think about all-motor if you're on a sub-$7k budget and would care that you'll make less power than a stock blower
Then just a link with the shops that could do an all-motor with average costs. But then the s2ki.com sponsorship thing becomes an issue.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Jan 4 2008, 09:29 PM
Maybe we can just make like 1 huge thread for intake, 1 for exhausts, etc and make them stickies and im sure those threads will be FULL of information/dynos/pics etc....
If you make stickies, then you know people won't read them.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah - I don't get people not looking at stickies.

Anyway - as for some of the suggestions, I can't make subforums. I can just do stickies in order to sort out the info.

Originally I started to edit topic titles. and Added "Official" thinking ppl would pick up on it and possibly just stick with that one thread.

Keep the ideas rolling.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 PM

Well all-motor doesnt necessarily have to mean a 2.5 ITB monster, anything from an intake, to thinner head gasket, to stroker kits, exhausts, cams, etc...

Maybe an all-motor sticky linking to the major threads for intake/exhaust/stroker kits/itb/ and so on and so forth?

And a FI sticky with links to several threads about superchargers/turbo/nitrous/installation/etc....

Or maybe even a tuning sticky with threads on how to tune or reviews on tuning devices (aem, vafc, greddy(

Just throwing out suggestions, reject them if you like
Old 01-06-2008, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think stickies would be nice. Right now it's too unorganized. The Cosmetic & Performance stickies would be nice like the guys above said.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Mods and Parts