S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Worst Mod You Ever Bought?

Old 06-09-2013, 03:03 PM
bio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread, lots of good info!!!

My worst mods:

70mm OBX-R Throttle Body - Shit quality, I have idle issues, and very often the butterfly gets "stucked" at idle, total crap.

Stoptech Big Brake Kit - Really good brakes, but the calipers are so big that I have to use 20mm spacers for them to fit my AP2V1 wheels. So now I'm trying to work the fenders because my rear is rubbing like shit, I'm going crazy with this. If I knew, I would just buy some AP racing bbk and be done with it!

Spoon springs - My back is lower than my front. I just can't understand why would they want this, it looks really ugly, and I'll just end up spending more cash buying Billstein PSS's. Also, the ride quality and performance is way worse than stock.

F1rst racing stage 2 clutch - Always slipped a bit from new. Worst buy of them all!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bio

My worst mods:

70mm OBX-R Throttle Body - Shit quality, I have idle issues, and very often the butterfly gets "stucked" at idle, total crap.

Stoptech Big Brake Kit - Really good brakes, but the calipers are so big that I have to use 20mm spacers for them to fit my AP2V1 wheels. So now I'm trying to work the fenders because my rear is rubbing like shit, I'm going crazy with this. If I knew, I would just buy some AP racing bbk and be done with it!

Spoon springs - My back is lower than my front. I just can't understand why would they want this, it looks really ugly, and I'll just end up spending more cash buying Billstein PSS's. Also, the ride quality and performance is way worse than stock.

F1rst racing stage 2 clutch - Always slipped a bit from new. Worst buy of them all!
dont buy ebay and you'd have been fine. the stoptech is really a fitment issue and not a problem with the wheels or brakes, its a combo of using them together.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apr mirrors are terrible. I had the same issues. Pay the extra and buy craft squares. I can pretty much sit on them without a issue.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bio
Sounds like your fault... not the calipers. I doubt the situation is much different with AP racing calipers. If you want bigger calipers than you need wheels with more clearance.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jl56tc
This skyline utilizes forced induction. Gains from cold air intakes are generally only seen on naturally aspirated engines.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:10 AM
bio

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe
Originally Posted by bio' timestamp='1370819026' post='22597212

My worst mods:

dont buy ebay and you'd have been fine. the stoptech is really a fitment issue and not a problem with the wheels or brakes, its a combo of using them together.

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Originally Posted by bio' timestamp='1370819026' post='22597212
Sounds like your fault... not the calipers. I doubt the situation is much different with AP racing calipers. If you want bigger calipers than you need wheels with more clearance.
It's true, that's why I said they're really good brakes, but if you are not familiar with the fitment issues you are going to have a problem.

The ap racing's fit fine
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 AM

Worst mod, 18" work wheels vs-xx. Not that its bad or anything, just cost too much, could of have 5 sets of XXR's for that price. lol
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Worst mod for me had nothing to do with quality or fitment because it was actually better than oem.... was my old asm front bumper. After dropping that loot every time i scraped it i cried a little inside. I had to ditch it for an ap2 front end it hurt too much. And i actually bought a friends ap2 front and gave him my asm bumper. He loves it but it wasnt for me sorry